Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Oil Changes - Where do you get yours?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Snoopy!!! :) Yeah that was one of the bulletins I spotted. The key point they make in my opinion, is that the ECM was being recalibrated, and that the OLM is but one of the functions that is geing recalibrated. That "but one" is my interpretation.

It's interesting they state "in most cases will recommend more frequent oil changes".

So with the info about cam chain problems from the Caddy forums etc., I suspect that really the cause of the problem is not the longer oil usage cycles but actually defective chains.

Regards
Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by nacademus
Took my SS to the dealership ONE time...for an oil change. I had a coupon mailed to me shortly after I bought the car.

When I got my car back, it smelled like McDonald's, and had a fry on the floormat. It doesn't take 6 miles on my odo to change my oil, and last I heard, you don't need to eat fast food to do it.

They took my car for a joy ride. I was upset to say the least. Never again. I turn my own damn wrenches.
That is a major reason I write down my mileage when I have warranty work done. If I take it in for something not requiring road testing, then I don't expect to see a single mile on to odo. If I do, someone is getting their ass chewed. So, I would have been right there with you on that. That sucks and sorry to hear.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 PM

I just did the first one on Raven... The easiest oil change I have EVER done... I went with AMSOIL 0w-30/Wix Filter.. It gets HOT here in Texas and it suppose to last for up to 25k or 1yr.. The old ramps I had have to much of steep incline so I had to come out of pocket another $30 for new ramps... But I figure I will use them again in about a year..
After reading some terrific horror stories about the dealers and quick lube places I will NEVER and I mean NEVER have them do it again....Plus they dont use AMSOIL!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

Alex-

It gets hot in Texas, so why the 0w-30 ?

As to your steep ramps, you could lay down some "lead on" boards to get a start on the ramps..