Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Options for Front Wiper Blade Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 AM

Anyone know if it's possible to remove and reinstall wiper arm so they rest lower. Mine especially on passenger side rest on the glass when off. I see other HHR wiper arms rest the same way. I can live with it but if they can be reset lower it would look better. Whatever happened to hideaway wipers anyway?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by frank6060
Anyone know if it's possible to remove and reinstall wiper arm so they rest lower. Mine especially on passenger side rest on the glass when off. I see other HHR wiper arms rest the same way. I can live with it but if they can be reset lower it would look better. Whatever happened to hideaway wipers anyway?
yes you can adjust them and if you look closely at your windshield you will find little marks where they should be aligned. You pop the little black cap off of wear it pivots, undo the bolt and adjust. Since i had the problem below, I had the dealer do it.

However, I warn you about going to low, the wiper will hit the hood when you put the wiper in the up position and create a little nick in your paint. Mine came too low when I bought it, I didn't know about the problem, and i ended up with a chip in my hood.

Hideaway wipers cost more, and the people who designed our car was cheap.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Has anyone been able to find the blade refills (not the entire blade), I just went to 4 places to buy refills to cut down for the rear wiper and nobody had any refills.... Only complete blades.
The problem with refills is that all the dimensions need to be exact and the only way to do that is go back with same store and same style of blade. For instance you have wiper A and go get refill for Wiper B it may work but chances are that it will not perform like it should and is a safety issue.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Thanks Tman. Now that I know it's doable I'll give it a try.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
yes you can adjust them and if you look closely at your windshield you will find little marks where they should be aligned. You pop the little black cap off of wear it pivots, undo the bolt and adjust. Since i had the problem below, I had the dealer do it.

However, I warn you about going to low, the wiper will hit the hood when you put the wiper in the up position and create a little nick in your paint. Mine came too low when I bought it, I didn't know about the problem, and i ended up with a chip in my hood.

Hideaway wipers cost more, and the people who designed our car was cheap.
Hey Twist, what marks on the windsheild are you talking about?

I have the paint chips on the hood from both sides from me lifting the wipers to clean the windsheild....
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Hey Twist, what marks on the windsheild are you talking about?

I have the paint chips on the hood from both sides from me lifting the wipers to clean the windsheild....
I made the dealer fix that on mine... and they did.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 AM

The ICON's are discontinued?

Take a look for the marks, you will see them.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM

Has anyone been able to find the blade refills (not the entire blade), I just went to 4 places to buy refills to cut down for the rear wiper and nobody had any refills.... Only complete blades.
Check this out Esmarkey https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/how-change-rear-wiper-22419/
And I have not seen refills at the normal parts stores for years, maybe at the dealer...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Trico NeoForm NeoForm 18-Inch Beam Wiper Blade
$17.69
Have had them 2 years and have not replace them yet. What helps out is rainx bug wash in the washer and it treats the windshield with rainx
Old 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM

I have to keep reminding the wife, especially this time of year...They're wipers not scrapers! I think the term winterblades confuses her..

Quick Reply: Options for Front Wiper Blade Replacement