Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM

Wax?

Ok...so I'm kinda looking for some new wax to use on my car. I used to use the Dupont brand with Teflon in it (even though I know Teflon doesn't really work supposedly, but I have to say, that brand was my favorite! It worked great and lasted long. Of course they discontinued that, so I can't find it anywhere.

I was just wondering what types/brands of wax people use or would recommend. I'm an avid car-washer, so I need something good! lol. Something to withstand all the washings!

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 PM

You just opened the door for a long discussion. Many long threads here on wax discussion

Try this thread: Best Wax
Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
You just opened the door for a long discussion. Many long threads here on wax discussion

Try this thread: Best Wax
Ah, ok...thanks! I tried searching, but it didn't seem to be working...I kept getting an error..

oops!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 PM

No problem. I'm sure some will chime in here as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM

so what you gotta do is first get a whole lot of bees. Once you get enough, you start taking the wax out of the honeycomb and such, collect it in a nice big bucket. Throw that on some other dude's car since that will never work, and enjoy some toast and honey. The "fruit" of your labor.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM

collinite

even though i have not had a chance to put mine on my hhr yet. i did a lot of reading about wax. when i decided to buy and found someone who sells collinite , it happened to to be a guy who had retired from the factory that makes it. it is supposed to last for a very long time. most waxes do not. collinite was 1st designed for industrial use. some use it for boats. also the guy i got mine from , mailed it to me very quickly , sent me a bill and some free samples. very nice , i couldn't believe that he billed me instead of wanting $ up front.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 AM

I've been using Turtle Wax Ice products on mine. The wax goes on and buffs off to a nice shine.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 AM

mmm 3M performance wax system. expensive but great. not as expensive as zaino or wutever but still works very well, smells nice too.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
even though i have not had a chance to put mine on my hhr yet. i did a lot of reading about wax. when i decided to buy and found someone who sells collinite , it happened to to be a guy who had retired from the factory that makes it. it is supposed to last for a very long time. most waxes do not. collinite was 1st designed for industrial use. some use it for boats. also the guy i got mine from , mailed it to me very quickly , sent me a bill and some free samples. very nice , i couldn't believe that he billed me instead of wanting $ up front.
I'd like to hear how that one works...I'm kinda interested in that....

Thanks everyone for your input!!! I'm taking notes on all of the different ones...lol
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM

i have some turtle wax and it works pretty good, nothing out of this world though.

i have ICE liquid polish to try that came in my kit, but it's been too cold. I am going to clay bar when it gets warm and then wax after that.

I also use the ICE spray detailer, and it's alright but it makes your car pick up finger prints like they're trying to catch you for a bank heist or something... I end up with prints all over the doors.

I was using the spray detailer the other day after a run through the wash at the dealership (not the best wash, but free....) and noticed that i think i have a freakin paint chip in my door (no dent though...) and i have some swirling. So we'll see what i can do about that.