Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Weird Wax Thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by pipes
C. Living next to a steel mill and a coal fired power plant god only knows what could of gotten on it .
Good crap! That is a LOT of industrial fallout. And its probably all over your car.

Next time you wash it do the baggie test (plastic sandwich bag over your hand, gently rub back and forth and feel for bumps), clay the car, maybe re-wash and re-clay, then polish and wax.

I bet you can even skip the baggie test and clay immediately.

I cleaned the hood of my grandfather's new 2011 Equinox and clayed it - tons of fallout and rail dust. I can only imagine what living next to a steel mill and a coal-fired power plant is putting on your car.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by briand
Good crap! That is a LOT of industrial fallout. And its probably all over your car.

Next time you wash it do the baggie test (plastic sandwich bag over your hand, gently rub back and forth and feel for bumps), clay the car, maybe re-wash and re-clay, then polish and wax.

I bet you can even skip the baggie test and clay immediately.

I cleaned the hood of my grandfather's new 2011 Equinox and clayed it - tons of fallout and rail dust. I can only imagine what living next to a steel mill and a coal-fired power plant is putting on your car.
Iam also just about 100 yds or less from a heavily used railroad track system . So ya we get some fall out . Lived here my whole 50+ yrs and its not nearly as bad as it sounds IMHO

Hey it ain't all bad the steel mill gave us all a few hundread $$$ for house paint a few yrs ago

after someone sued them for it !