Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 09:04 AM

Just to clarify, neither the driver door switch nor the rear passenger door switch would close the window? So the window is still stuck open? And ALL the other window switches worked normally?
Old 02-27-2022, 09:16 AM

I feel a moment coming.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Just to clarify, neither the driver door switch nor the rear passenger door switch would close the window?
So the window is still stuck open? And ALL the other window switches worked normally?

Yes that is or was correct :o
With the new master switch in none work now :O !
He just called me and Fuse 17 looks good , I think that is a 2 amp which seems small
And fuse 29 look good . He is headed to Auto Zone to grab some fuse's . Always should have a spare fuse

Is there a window Motor relay ???

He just called me back again and did the swap out back to the old master switch, No windows work !

The buttons do light up at night and so does the rear widow lock button, So some power is there !
So maybe a bad ground ?
Or a hidden fuse somewhere lol,
The journey continues !

Again Thank You all for your info and anywise cracks you may be thinking of lol

He will change all fuse's just for the heck of it when he gets back. now warmer out 29*

Is there a Window Motor Relay ?
Old 02-27-2022, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
I feel a moment coming.
Only moment coming is a Oh Crap moment lol
Old 02-27-2022, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Two fuses , two power sources, seems logical. However the power windows fuses are

#17 window RAP

#29 power windows

those are in the interior fuse panelhttps://fuse-box.info/chevrolet/chev...uses-and-relay

#36 under the hood is a power windows fuse but only for the SS turbo’s
I don't trust the information in that link. The online owner manuals disagree in 2009 thru 2011. I think that layout is only good thru 2008. In 2009, things changed.
Old 02-27-2022, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
I don't trust the information in that link. The online owner manuals disagree in 2009 thru 2011. I think that layout is only good thru 2008. In 2009, things changed.
My son will be changing all 3 just in case lol
He picked up all three fuse's and changed them. He can hear clicking ! At the Master switch or door switch's !
So he will call the shop tomorrow for them to check out !
I see no mention of a relay in for the windows so I assume no relay ? Or Circuit breaker
I am tapping out lol.
Thank You for all the guidance .
This old fart has learned alot :)
Now when I go to install my speakers I am more comfortable unplugging the switch's and popping panels
I will Update what the shop finds. or at least have them close that window till fixed
Old 02-27-2022, 11:38 AM

Does this help?

Old 02-27-2022, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Does this help?

Yes Thanks.He had the right fuse;s !
He changed #17 2amp,29 30 amp and 36 30 amp still NG,,
But he does here a clicking When he hits the window switch, Switch's glow like they should when running and rear window lock lights up !
Pn some cars I heard you can jump the switch harness to close or open a window, have you know anything about that ?
He is going to ask make a appointment tomorrow maybe they can close that window for now if they can not fix it that day !
Old 02-27-2022, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Just to clarify, neither the driver door switch nor the rear passenger door switch would close the window? So the window is still stuck open? And ALL the other window switches worked normally?
At first that was the issue ! He was having trouble sometimes closing the drivers side before the passenger side had the problem

This time yesterday The dog hit the open window switch and now will not close !

We changed the master switch since that was the issue with the passenger side. Now none of the windows work even when we reinstalled the old switch to test !
He live about 1 hr away from me, But if the weather gets in the 30s next week I will grab my meter if his garage does not have time to check it
Old 02-27-2022, 02:24 PM

I wonder if either the motor fried when it hit bottom or the mechanism jammed. I would want to hotwire the the motor and see what happens.

I would also consider putting the original switch assemble back and at least see if you can get back to where you were. It seems maybe the new switch is bad or some wire or connector got damaged in the installation.

Quick Reply: Window not working