Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 09:52 AM

!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!
The journey ends :)
The shop found a broken wire under the seat! My son thought drivers side ! Funny last night on a google search there was info stating a broken wire under the passenger seat!
So learned a lot from his problem and now know how easy it is to pop out the switch's so when I do the speakers soon I am now way more comfortable lol

""" THANK YOU everyone for helping ! """

I am still confused about whether a BCM can have a effect on the window on a HHR ! Found mixed info with a Google search, Some say it does some it does not :O Just curious and my son fix was cheap lol Now no more plastic over the window. lol

Last edited by Oldblue; 03-01-2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:06 AM

Anything on FB must be true. The wiring diagram lies.
The only connection with the BCM is the RetainedAccessoryPower relay. That only applies between the time you pull the key out and the driver door is opened.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Anything on FB must be true. The wiring diagram lies.
The only connection with the BCM is the RetainedAccessoryPower relay. That only applies between the time you pull the key out and the driver door is opened.

I agree about FB lol
and worked I also found info on Google that was yes and no as well that is where I got lost (FYI easy to do for me lol )
Thanks for the info on the RAP I was wondering what that controlled ,and how it worked
Good info Thanks
Old 03-01-2022, 10:48 AM

I can't remember if the cut of is opening the driver door or opening then closing it. Anyway it is so you can manipulate the windows and locks for a short time after you pull the key.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
I can't remember if the cut of is opening the driver door or opening then closing it. Anyway it is so you can manipulate the windows and locks for a short time after you pull the key.
After owning my HHR since 2012 I am still learning things about it. So far all I have dine is routine maintenance , Now my son's 2LThas be a learning experience lol the windows being the last one :O
It has been a pain but fun experience because of you all !

Thank you
Old 03-01-2022, 12:08 PM
Administrator

After all that, the old wire under the seat , broken! Glad it’s repaired and the windows are working once again!
Old 03-01-2022, 12:21 PM

It's when you open the driver door, or 10 minutes, whichever comes first. Well, that's for the radio, I am guessing that it's the same for the power windows.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Administrator

It is, same for both the radio and power windows.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:23 PM

Yea I am glad it was a easy fix. His shops does treat him well ! Just 1 hr labor
As for the Old Master Switch When I pull my panels to replace the speakers will plug it into my HHR to check operation after we cleaned it, If good we have a spare :)
He was having a closing issue with the rear passenger side with it !
But after all this the Speaker change looks like a piece of cake lol
Old 03-02-2022, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
After all that, the old wire under the seat , broken! Glad it’s repaired and the windows are working once again!
Steve yup that is what my son told me, But then again it could have been a connection that came apart and he used the wrong terminology !
I will look on his receipt just for my curiosity to see what they said lol
But either way a bad connection !
I will look under my seats today and check the connections as well !

Quick Reply: Window not working