Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Mid Central Fall Run Comittee

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Cool
Thanks Chris, Then I guess we will go. I hope to see you that weekend.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:28 PM

There's a lodge there with cabins that look decent, camping too I think. That's where we're gonna stay. Nice cabin /fireplace $100.

http://www.starvedrocklodge.com/
Old 08-25-2006, 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=GDZHHR]There's a lodge there with cabins that look decent, camping too I think. That's where we're gonna stay. Nice cabin /fireplace $100.

http://www.starvedrocklodge.com/[/QUOTE

You might want to call and make reservations now as they have a tendency to bookup quickly. I called this week to try to get a night this weekend to celebrate my wife's and my birthdays and they were booked solid. They also told me that weekends require a 2 night minimum. You can stay Fri and Sat or Sat and Sun, but you have to pay for 2 nights on a weekend. I also checked the Grand Bear Lodge and they start out around $169 per night.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:38 AM

[quote=stevflo]
Originally Posted by GDZHHR
There's a lodge there with cabins that look decent, camping too I think. That's where we're gonna stay. Nice cabin /fireplace $100.

http://www.starvedrocklodge.com/[/QUOTE

You might want to call and make reservations now as they have a tendency to bookup quickly. I called this week to try to get a night this weekend to celebrate my wife's and my birthdays and they were booked solid. They also told me that weekends require a 2 night minimum. You can stay Fri and Sat or Sat and Sun, but you have to pay for 2 nights on a weekend. I also checked the Grand Bear Lodge and they start out around $169 per night.
Yeah I check there too.

We were planning on doing two nights. Thanks for the heads up. Won't know if we can even go until Oct. 1.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 AM

Pencil me in, gotta check work schedule, Sat. at the least. Z, I know I`ll be returning sat. night..
Some one post (good ) directions, for us City Boys.
The THREE AMIGOS can hook up as usual...
Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 PM

just thought i would post the new news about the fall run in here, The manager of the J.C.Whitneys warehouse in Utica called me toady and said they would be happy to sponsor our fall run!! free Tshirts,hats etc.. then he would personaly give our entire group a tour of the warehouse!! said he might even do like a top 3 whitneys pick with maybe gift cards or somethin for the winners!! I told them we would be there between 1-2 pm after our pot luck lunch at starved rock!! then we could move on to the show in princeton!! just thought you would all like to know!! later Tony (oldschoolfreak)
Old 09-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
just thought i would post the new news about the fall run in here, The manager of the J.C.Whitneys warehouse in Utica called me toady and said they would be happy to sponsor our fall run!! free Tshirts,hats etc.. then he would personaly give our entire group a tour of the warehouse!! said he might even do like a top 3 whitneys pick with maybe gift cards or somethin for the winners!! I told them we would be there between 1-2 pm after our pot luck lunch at starved rock!! then we could move on to the show in princeton!! just thought you would all like to know!! later Tony (oldschoolfreak)
What is the deal with Princeton? Can I assume there is a car show there? This is the first I've heard of that. Do you have a rundown of what all is going on yet?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM

Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 PM

Pat, (scaleguy) was the one that clued us in, i think it is a car show in princeton if some dont want to go there is no problem! there is a nice hotel right off of rt 80 near princeton if some would like to stay there also nera peru (inbetween utica and princeton) if some wanna stay there I will be checking on rates and such soon!!

1 we all meet some where in oglesby a few miles from starved rock
2 we all cruise to starved rock and walk around take pics have a pot luck lunch etc..
3 we cruise to J.C. Whitneys about 5-6 miles from starved rock have a small shownshine, take the tour check out all the cool stuff they have for sale..
4 we cruise to princeton for the remaining car show not sure what time it ends?? have to ask scaleguy, then we can either depart or all go to a designated place for chow or bs ing or whatever??
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
Pat, (scaleguy) was the one that clued us in, i think it is a car show in princeton if some dont want to go there is no problem! there is a nice hotel right off of rt 80 near princeton if some would like to stay there also nera peru (inbetween utica and princeton) if some wanna stay there I will be checking on rates and such soon!!

1 we all meet some where in oglesby a few miles from starved rock
2 we all cruise to starved rock and walk around take pics have a pot luck lunch etc..
3 we cruise to J.C. Whitneys about 5-6 miles from starved rock have a small shownshine, take the tour check out all the cool stuff they have for sale..
4 we cruise to princeton for the remaining car show not sure what time it ends?? have to ask scaleguy, then we can either depart or all go to a designated place for chow or bs ing or whatever??

Count me Inn
Z-Man

Quick Reply: Mid Central Fall Run Comittee