Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL
View Poll Results: How should we decide on the Mid-Central :Ride of the Month"?
class winners at annual event get one month each; other months would be voted on
11.11%
a car chosen at each of the three other runs get one month; other months voted on
16.67%
open voting for all months
44.44%
no poll or featured Mid-Central HHR
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-Central "Ride of the Month" how-to poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:58 AM

Mid-Central "Ride of the Month" how-to poll

If we're gonna do this let's get it figured out how.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:17 PM

At first I was for having class winners at the main event featured for a month each but I have changed my mind.

This is my thinking. If we make sure that we get a few nice shots of the class winners AT the event after they win, then we can have a thread just for them each year.

That would leave all 12 months for those who've taken the time to detail their car and get it looking nice and who've gone to the trouble of taking some good photos.

As an after thought, do you think there should be limit, one feature a year per HHR?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM

I'm having this thread unstickied so that it can die a natural death.

As another member pointed out in another thread....no real interest shown.

It can always be brought up again by someone else though.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:59 PM

I'm bumping this cause of what went down today.

I don't care how we do this but we have to have some guidelines.

The only point I will make is that when we first got permission from the mods to do our own contest, it was agreed that the one condition was that it would be for the Mid-Central only. Their concern was that there was already a feature car for the site and they felt there was no need to have two featured cars.

If someone can come up with a definition that will work and will satisfy the mods, fine. Otherwise we can't have a featured HHR.

These were the guidelines stated in the ones we've run so far.

• Post up to three pics of your Mid-Central HHR and if you have a link for pics posted elsewhere.
  • On the 20th we'll have a poll/thread for a vote to run until the 25th.
  • We'll close the poll, announce the winner and close the thread.
  • Then we'll create a thread for the "Mid-Central Ride of the Month" November 2006
  • We'll do it all over again each month until we get tired of it.
  • You can only be featured once a year.
So let's hear it. No one spoke out last time, here's your chance. Take it, or it will continue as it has. I'm not trying to be/do anything. I just still think this can be fun but won't continue to do it if it continues like it has.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:24 AM

I moved to Illinois can I join your region now??? If you don't believe me look to the left by my name.LOL

I was born in Illinois, went to school in Illinois, own property in Illinois, own stock of company's in Illinois, work in Illinois, spend more money in Illinois but son of gun I registered my car in Indiana. So do I not qualify as per some rule to be in the mid central region?
Nowhere in the RULES does it say you HHR must be registered in a state in the Mid Central region.

You guy's are making this way to complicated for me to participate much longer. Pretty soon it is going to be the least active, if at all region!!!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:03 AM

i did not enter the rotm because I was too busy with my stepfather and other bits of life. I had felt as much a member of the mid-central as any other. ( I as most of you know live in IND.) My region wasn't looking like anyone wanted to do any get togethers or runs. I was welcomed as a member of the mid central by many of the members at the august run. Due to life happening on the oct date of our next gtg, i will not be able to attend. (erin's 9th birthday) I personally thought that i would have been welcomed to participate in the rotm if I had been wanting to do so. I want to be involved in a good fun region. right now we have neither. If ANYof the members of this region does not want my participation, so be it. I feel that this region needs to be a little more accepting to nearby members or other HHR owners who live near the region like myself. I was drawn here by the good people. If nova z-man myself and rudeinc aren't part of this region who is? I betcha when jonyyb set up the regions on here it was never meant to be thought of as strict borders. jm
Old 10-06-2006, 01:15 AM

I see the BS is going to continue. I'm trying to find a way to get this to work and NOT exclude everyone but I'm sorry we we're told by jonyyb that our region couldn't do it at first. The deal was it had to stay regional. BB and I went through all this when we first starting talking about doing this.

If people aren't willing to work with us on this then what am I supposed to do? Run away like everyone else is doing?

If all people are going to do is use this thread to keep *****ing, I'll just shut it down too. I was hoping that this could be worked out. I still do hope that. so instead of threatening to leave why not stay and help make it work? Part of our problems, IMO, are being caused because no one is willing to accept others as they are and when things start going bad they run away instead of dealing with it.

So come on, how about some helpful suggestions?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 AM

Angry what?

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I see the BS is going to continue. I'm trying to find a way to get this to work and NOT exclude everyone but I'm sorry we we're told by jonyyb that our region couldn't do it at first. The deal was it had to stay regional. BB and I went through all this when we first starting talking about doing this.

If people aren't willing to work with us on this then what am I supposed to do? Run away like everyone else is doing?

If all people are going to do is use this thread to keep *****ing, I'll just shut it down too. I was hoping that this could be worked out. I still do hope that. so instead of threatening to leave why not stay and help make it work? Part of our problems, IMO, are being caused because no one is willing to accept others as they are and when things start going bad they run away instead of dealing with it.

So come on, how about some helpful suggestions?
Mike, read your post please. It says that you are trying to find a way to make this work. How? There was no ****hing in my post. I never threatened to leave. I did state that if I was not a part of this region(according to this regions members) than so be it. Why is it so hard to realize that if the different regions borders are strictly enforced that several members would be stuck in a region with people who actually live farther away than the region right next to them. I am much closer mileage wise to most of the mid central than i am to wv or va in my own region. If you want some help in fixing this mess, be a little more tolerant of the borders and let all of us who participate in this regions threadss and activities participate. As you said, accept me as I am. I am a hoosier living in Indiana, but I participate, actively in the mid-central region.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 AM

Mike, I really hate to say it ,BUT, Our region is so attractive that we have people willing to move to be in it.
There are States touching our region on the outsides, they want to be M-C too. We`re Too Good for our own Good.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 AM

guys, it has become apparantly oblivious to Mike and B/B that some of us felt included in the region. we aren't wanting to add another state, or change anything. just be a part of a great group of people who love our rides who want to get together online and in person. I am sorry that i invaded YOUR region B/B and mike. I will try and ask permission to participate next time YOUR region has something going on that I may want to attend.
I am now done on this subject.

Last edited by Pizzaman; 10-06-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Mid-Central "Ride of the Month" how-to poll