Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL
View Poll Results: How should we decide on the Mid-Central :Ride of the Month"?
class winners at annual event get one month each; other months would be voted on
11.11%
a car chosen at each of the three other runs get one month; other months voted on
16.67%
open voting for all months
44.44%
no poll or featured Mid-Central HHR
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-Central "Ride of the Month" how-to poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:26 AM

Pizza, You`re welcome to participate in SOME THINGS, not ALL things. The contest had to have rules, why can`t you accept that. Don`t you have rules at your shop. Can the shop next door just come over and sell in your shop whatever whenever he wants, or do you have limits.?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:34 AM

Sure there are rules everywhere. BUT i don't let someone believe that they are a participating member of my crew and then say their thoughts and opinions don't count because they live outside of the delivery zone.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:36 AM

What a stretch. So once someone is part of YOUR CREW, HE is as much an owner as you???
Old 10-06-2006, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
What a stretch. So once someone is part of YOUR CREW, HE is as much an owner as you???
No, they are not an owner. But they become a member that I value. I value their rights, their opinions, and their concerns with the way the shop is running. You and mike seem only to be out to drive the members who helped make this region what it is away. Btw nearly all rules are either bent or broken at some point. even in my shop.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM

only my as an outsider so you can dismiss if you want.......
Having a "Ride of the month" seems to be the root off all the fighting. Seems rightfully so everyone thinks thier car should be the winner and so want to go by a map and others dont think there shold be a map. The fighting going on with this group is worst the the fighting that was going on between a couple of memebers.
I will speak for the local here, granted not as many g2g as you guys do but here in Az there is no fighting. Someone tosses out an idea and we all toss other ideas and BAM we are all hanging out and having a good time. We also have not used the map as to who to include. We are working on a G2G that would have people from all of cali, Az Nv, NM, anyone that can make the drive. Same way we did the Grand Cayon run. And BTW if we went with the "map" and who is in the region the I would have never meet Sindy, Mr B and a few others from Cali.
Like I said I am an "outsider" to your region and only giving my view point.
Sorry to stick my nose in but thought maybe another view might help.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:26 PM

We`re just fine here in the M-C. This is a group of adults, some times we agree , some times we don`t. You find a region where every one agrees always, I`ll show you a GHOST TOWN...
The MAP isn`t the issue, it`s the tree in front of the forest. The lack of consideration is the problem. There wasn`t a problem until the rules of the contest were disregarded.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:48 PM

I'm thinking I want to move to where my friends live, in California, or Floridia, or Arizona, anywhere to get away from all this crap. The only rule should be that you love HHR's. Even then, who can prove it, so who cares. This is about getting together, not dominating a g2g. Lighten up. I mean how lucky are we, to be able to worry about RULES, as if any ONE of us makes them.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:06 PM

Riverwind, never heard from you, you had an opinion to share ,go ahead. You think going to Calif., Florida, Arizona is gonna get you away from rules, good luck.
You live in this region, you could enter your Ride. Instead you want to complian about the only criteria to be in the contest.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:20 PM

BB, don't know you from adam.... not complaining, not keeping up with all this, not choosing sides, don't know the whole story, just because I posted after you doesn't mean I was responding to you. I wasn't. I was responding to to the thread(s) in general about all this friction. I guess my basic response is about/to whoever is making an ISSUE about rules/other peoples opinions/etc.

My point is, to ALL of you, Lighten up, there is REAL sh_t going on the world. g2g and help all of us/each other deal with the burdens of this intense and complicated world. The ONLY common ground we can expect from on one another it that we picked the same car to drive.