Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:02 PM

I like the idea of a simple cruse type get together, and keep the big weekend bash for the 07 main event. We need to start the committee thing.

Fall tour comitte-3 people

Winter (Christmas tour)-3 people

Spring tour comitte-3 people

Summer 2nd annual big bash-5 people

Volunteers? This could be a moving around thing to different areas? Send me a PM if you want on a committee. I will keep a list and publish it here when I have a full roster per Tour. Then it will be up to that committee to put it together. This will evenly spread the responsibility around and keep it fair.

We have had a lot of ideas now we need some serious work done to make this all a reality for all to enjoy.

Again I think we need to have the spring, fall, and winter events more simple and the Annual thing the BIG ONE. This will also work as our quarterly meeting.

I thought the committee should then be aloud to put all this together in a more logical way that would be for the benefit of the group. Don't hassle them, let them do there job. Some people may not be able to make it and others would. Remember it can't always work for everybody. So let’s be adults and make this all come together.

I will keep the list of volunteer. It will be on a first come first serve basis. When I have enough volunteers for each committee I will post them by event committee. Then we can all share ideas with each committee. But let the committees do there job If you don't volunteer......Don't complain!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 PM

As of Now I have two Volunteers total!!! We need the support of everyone to make this a success.

This can not be all smoke and no fire.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 AM

I`m am up for the fall thing at starved rock or grand bear where ever!!??
Old 08-17-2006, 07:49 AM

Nova,

Count me in to help wherever and whenever. Maybe I can lend a hand with the Starved Rock meet. Let me know.

Ed
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Nova, you have my list, put me where ever and let's get rollin" I especially need to know if I am on the Big Bash because we cannot lose any time !!! If I am on the fall run me and Don are rolling, probably Sunday to check a route for the Starved Rock Run, if that is cool with everyone...Hey 'School and Iowa wanna' go? that invite is for anybody who wants to go...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM

This is how I will do it.

Once each of the 4 runs have a full comittee. I will post a new thread listing the members of the comittee. There will be a post for each run/comitte. This is where everyone can post ideas and offer sugestions. It will ultimatly be up to the comittee to come up with the actual event. There are openings in every comitte right now so join in on the planning. Sign up now
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 AM

If you are wanting to sign up send me a PM. That way I can keep track of who wants to be on what comittee.

I can then respond to you so you know you are locked into that spot. If it has already been filled then I can see if you would like another spot to Volunteer.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Hey Nova, I'm not trying to mean or anything but......ya might want to consider switching to decaf.

I feel your pain bro, ya just want us to PM you with what we want to help. We're a simple folk here in the backwoods of the US so ya gotta break it down for us.

If you'd like to work on a commitee:
  1. figger out what ya wanna do
  2. PM nova
  3. wait til ya here from nova
  4. gitta hold of the others on your commitee
  5. start planning
Pat's right though, especially for our 2nd Annual, we can't lose anytime on that. I'm on that commitee and would like to start work on it. Plus I'd like to get a better idea of our next meeting.

The better planning we have, the more from our region, and others, we'll be able to pull for our events. We're off to a great start and we can build on that.

So let's git er done!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 AM

Thanks MIke, although I don't drink coffee, Just diet coke. That qualifies as unleaded right?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:24 PM

Bump

Quick Reply: Sign up here