Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:01 AM

BUMP....Still Need Volunteers
Old 09-30-2006, 11:18 PM

for which ones nova?? let me know!! Tony
Old 10-02-2006, 06:34 AM

Winter, Spring and Big bash 07 all have openings.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 AM

NOVA, For which group are you making plans for? MID CENTRAL/WEST
Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 PM

they are one and the same i am thinkin BB, we are all in the mid/central regional all the runs discussed here i think are for the people on this site from this site! I dont think anyone has posted any runs that are excluded from this site??? or on a national level? there are the 3 small events fall,winter,spring, then the summer/annual/big bash it is all the same thing BB? where is all the confusion comming from?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
they are one and the same i am thinkin BB, we are all in the mid/central regional all the runs discussed here i think are for the people on this site from this site! I dont think anyone has posted any runs that are excluded from this site??? or on a national level? there are the 3 small events fall,winter,spring, then the summer/annual/big bash it is all the same thing BB? where is all the confusion comming from?
I shall become SILENT on this subject. As of NOW.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
I'm not trying to start anything but they're not one in the same. they have different states. The club has two the region doesn't, and the region has two the club doesn't. You have to be invited to join the club, the forum is open to all. The clubs posts are monitored; the forum you can post any lame thing, within reason, you want without each post being approved.

I was not given an answer when I asked a similar question, was the run club or forum. I was treated as if I was trying to make an issue of it and was told that it didn't matter and that there was no conflict. No answer though.

I know we want to have fun and attract the most HHRs that we can, but we should at least be able to be clear about who is doing what.

I'm all for having fun and getting together but this, IMO, is starting to look like a control issue. And I don't mean that in a good way.

We've had fun, until lately, just being a group of people who live in the middle of the US who have HHRs in common. Now its do you belong to this or that, who can vote on what, who is going to be running things, who is invited, who is getting along with who.........

Do we really need all of this? Think about it, we had the biggest, to the best of our knowledge, gathering of HHRs so far and it was only 15! I agree that with time, a club may be needed, not just wanted, to put together large events. But we're still talking about a regional club for a car that, I'm guessing has about 60-70,000 units sold at most.

I had been hoping we might be able to get 25-50 together for the main event. I still think that that is being hopeful. But this is being treated like its going to pull HHRs in vast numbers from all over the country! We're talking about doing this in less than one year! I may have done nothing like this before but this seems to me like wishful thinking. In time, yes, now, no. The way some have been talking people are beginning to think it is a national event not regional!

And with everything that has been going on, why would people plan their vacations to be with a group of people who have trouble getting along among themselves.

I just think that everyone is taking this whole club vs. forum issue way too seriously! Its a damn car for crying out loud! People will not always get along no matter how much we try to force that to happen. The problems that have been going on are bigger than any one person. So what! Its all over a car!

Can't this just be simple and frienldy and fun? There will be conflict anytime this many people are relating, so what?! Things always seem to work out the way they are supposed to no matter how we try to manipulate the situation.

I really don't care what I belong to; club, forum, both, neither. I just want to keep doing cool stuff to my HHR, get together once in a while to show it off and see what other people have done and have fun. It really can and should be that simple.

We got a saying in an organization that I belong to, "principles before personalities". I don't always live up to it, sometimes not very often, but I do try. Let's try and leave this personality crap and get on with the fun.

I am now getting off of my soapbox.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Founding Member

I don't care how one defines it, when ya'll figure a date for the big bash, I'm in!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:44 PM

Yea baby...what she said
Old 10-02-2006, 10:00 PM

Sounds good to me Sindy!! and thanx for the x eyed pic!! LOLOLOLOL

Quick Reply: Sign up here