Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

De-Badging

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:55 PM

De-Badging

I want to remove the SS and turbocharger external badging. Dealer is scared to do it, I see others here have. Is there a hole behind the "turbocharged" logos? They believe the SS ones are stickered on.

thanks for any assistance.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
I want to remove the SS and turbocharger external badging. Dealer is scared to do it, I see others here have. Is there a hole behind the "turbocharged" logos? They believe the SS ones are stickered on.

thanks for any assistance.
No holes or screws or anything like that. The TURBOCHARGED emblem is really simple to pop off. I would suggest you get overlays for the SS emblems to hide them before removing them. Those are one of my favorite things about the car
Old 03-18-2009, 09:34 PM

for debadging what is the standard technique? Heat them up, fishing line behind them, and then clean up the area?

I am thinking to doing it to mine, i've been back and forth on it. I have a black 08 i bought in July, Is there going to be any ghosting since these areas have been covered until now?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. I too am back and forth, but I might remove everything from the backside for sure.

I did read up on the method: http://www.ehow.com/how_4498506_deba...car-logos.html
Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
Dealer is scared to do it,
I say avoid this dealer! Here is mine completely debadged:

Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
for debadging what is the standard technique? Heat them up, fishing line behind them, and then clean up the area?

I am thinking to doing it to mine, i've been back and forth on it. I have a black 08 i bought in July, Is there going to be any ghosting since these areas have been covered until now?

I had the car almost 2 years before I decided to debadge the hatch. Can't tell if they were ever there. I used dental floss and wd40 to get the residue off. Be sure to wax after removal. Hmm maybe I'll go after the chicklets next
Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Uma

Very nice! I did mine when it was new...but kept the chicklets, now afraid paint won't be the same, I would suggest doing all of them as soon as possible. todd (Uma)
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM

I haven't recieved my Red SS panel as yet (just built should be around 1st week in April) but I'm going to put Red SS overlays on first along with a Black bowtie w/Red SS overlay on the front and Red overlay bowtie on the rear plus Red bowtie overlays on the center wheel caps. Should look good if not then I'll de-badge the sucker, all this thanks to everyones input here in the forum for the last eight month its been on order I've been able to see what everyone here has been doing to there's.
I'll drive it for a couple months then at the end of summer do all the HP mods.

Thats my 2 cents
Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Here is mine completely debadged:
That is so sexy!

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-19-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Removed pics from quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 AM

I took the HHR badge off myself (plus the stupid dealer badge). I'm keeping all the SS badges on since that's why I bought the car. I'm still debating on removing the chicklets tho. I like them but, It would look cleaner without them.

Ps Can I steal your THHRBO Idea for my local license plates

Quick Reply: De-Badging