Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Depo black headlights housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:18 AM

Well it took almost no second thought and I ordered my second set of HHR headlights in 15 months. Its out with the new and in with the newer. Im still holding onto my stock light incase I ever decide to do somthing really different with them.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 AM

I just ordered some as well. Im not sure if I want to try custom projectors with the OEMs or just sell them. Hmmm.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM

OH man... I'm in trouble....

I did the ICPW lights... those are played out. DAMN

I did the DEPO lights last year... may not been the first but I definitely started the trend since then. Now they're played out? Come on... don't I get like trend setting credit? Somin? Work with me boys....

My HIDs are not "proper real officially approved" so therefor I'm an idiot.

I did lemanns stripes last summer and some people did the same... imitation is the best form of flattery. Is this played out then? Did I do it wrong?

I blacked out my bow ties... many change the color in some fashion. I copied that idea.

I'm so screwed. My car sucks. I'm going to burn it...

Bye
Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gas Man
OH man... I'm in trouble....

I did the ICPW lights... those are played out. DAMN

I did the DEPO lights last year... may not been the first but I definitely started the trend since then. Now they're played out? Come on... don't I get like trend setting credit? Somin? Work with me boys....

My HIDs are not "proper real officially approved" so therefor I'm an idiot.

I did lemanns stripes last summer and some people did the same... imitation is the best form of flattery. Is this played out then? Did I do it wrong?

I blacked out my bow ties... many change the color in some fashion. I copied that idea.

I'm so screwed. My car sucks. I'm going to burn it...

Bye

Im flattered my opinions are valued so highly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy .its not about copying somebodies car its the fact that almost everyones are alll starting to look like clones of one another in various colors, therefore the over use of certain items "i" just me feel they are played out
Old 03-11-2011, 03:23 AM

Thats like saying aftermarket or three bar grilles are played out. Common, yes, but for good reason, it just looks better.
Meh, for me its not about trying to be different. Im just making it look good to my own eyes.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Seriously, lets keep this in perspective. When YOU drive around in your tricked out HHR that EVERYONE else on this board has cloned the same mods, how many do you see that look like yours? I have yet to see one where I live that have done ANY of the mods we have been discussing on here. Sure, to us its all "ho hum" not much special anymore, but to people near your place of residence its still fresh and new.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by KINGSHIPLEY
Im flattered my opinions are valued so highly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy .its not about copying somebodies car its the fact that almost everyones are alll starting to look like clones of one another in various colors, therefore the over use of certain items "i" just me feel they are played out
Oh don't get too flattered, it's not really. Respectively. I'm might be making more fun of your comment. But I'm laughing with you, not at you. Come on... don't lie, you laughed at my post.

Originally Posted by prod
Thats like saying aftermarket or three bar grilles are played out. Common, yes, but for good reason, it just looks better.
Meh, for me its not about trying to be different. Im just making it look good to my own eyes.
Good point.

Originally Posted by Talvanos
Seriously, lets keep this in perspective. When YOU drive around in your tricked out HHR that EVERYONE else on this board has cloned the same mods, how many do you see that look like yours? I have yet to see one where I live that have done ANY of the mods we have been discussing on here. Sure, to us its all "ho hum" not much special anymore, but to people near your place of residence its still fresh and new.
Honestly, there isn't another HHR like mine in michigan (to my knowledge). However, I know a few on here and maybe even in michigan that have copied many things I have done. But I take it as flattery. In complete truth, I have never found another SS on the road. Not in a over a year since I became a HHR enthusiast.

Hillsdale... let's remember to take note of how many of the popular mods are at the bbq this summer.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Gas Man;543902]Oh don't get too flattered, it's not really. Respectively. I'm might be making more fun of your comment. But I'm laughing with you, not at you. Come on... don't lie, you laughed at my post.

i smiled. lol but its funny that you and hillsdale are the two that were the most bothered by my " depo" comment. im just opinionated and dont care if my cars different or the same but when you see depo's in everypost it makes the sight less appealing. nothing against you cus your ss is very nice looking even though im not an ss fan. But i do like silver. But as i mentioned before being apart of the modifying culture i run accross alot of "similar" modded HHR's around Indy. I wont think out loud anymore i dont want to upset anyones decisions on what they like ... if you like it do it. mine stays stock just for that reason. My wifes G8 is toy
Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by KINGSHIPLEY
i smiled. lol but its funny that you and hillsdale are the two that were the most bothered by my " depo" comment.
I am far from bothered. I could care less what anyone thinks regarding anything in my life, car or otherwise. I do what I like
Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM

I hear ya. I work and mod motorcycles. That is my passion and I do things that nobody does, I start trends and create mods that have been massively duplicated. I use to own a big dog chopper that I modded, tore down, rebuilt and modded beyond a big dog. Look around in the big dog world, if it's been done I did it. Now in my garage I went all HD. And even there I'm setting trend, and doing things different than others. Creating and making the bike "mine". Anyway...

But honestly... I started the recent depo trend. So when I did it, I didn't copy anyone.

I wish I had the time to do some lunchbox headlight mods, but I don't.

My HHR I just want to look nice and cool. I will never do anything major like some guys. It's a daily driver (winter time at least) and driving for work. So I can't have down time or failure.

Quick Reply: Depo black headlights housing