Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Depo black headlights housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS fan
Oh no that might mean you are as weird as I am I've managed to get used to it It's every one else that I irritate Ha Ha Ha.
i am extemely irritating. i like to push peoples buttons, and get a rise out of people never mean harm at all just my personality
Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
You're not going to get the factory headlights apart without damage....... Been there, done that, then got flooded out. So an attempt at re-assembly won't happen.
Did you try my old ones? break em real bad? did you heat them in the oven? A post on this somewhere?

Originally Posted by KINGSHIPLEY
i am extemely irritating. i like to push peoples buttons, and get a rise out of people never mean harm at all just my personality
No rise here... I'm just harrazin you as well.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Did you try my old ones? break em real bad? did you heat them in the oven? A post on this somewhere?
Heat doesn't touch the factory glue, higher melt temp than the plastic from what I've read, so cut/pry and basically bust off the whole flange on the back piece. I got one apart and couldn't use my hands for several days...... still had the glue to remove before starting the mod...... Then came the flood, 5 1/2 feet of water in my basement. Project is dead now, so it was a waste of a good set of lights and my $$$. Sorry man.... no joy for the lights. (Truth... I don't even know where in that mess the complete light is, my basement is that trashed!)

I was just warning guys about the factory lights, I've read the aftermarkets are easier to take apart as the oven trick works. (different glue)
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Banned

No rise here... I'm just harrazin you as well.
Thats what makes it fun . enjoy ur weekend
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Talking

I use to own a big dog chopper that I modded, tore down, rebuilt and modded beyond a big dog. Look around in the big dog world, if it's been done I did it. Now in my garage I went all HD. And even there I'm setting trend, and doing things different than others. Creating and making the bike "mine". Anyway...
I wouldn't brag about having owned a big dog, the name is fitting, they ain't all that.. Did repairs on some, & they cut corners many places..

Least you went to HD, even tho ya got a twinkee & sporty..

setting trends is nice to brag about, but making prototypes for production is another (read $$$) nome sain ??
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Finally installed my Depo's last night!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Maybe I should get DEPOs anyway

Does anyone else have the same problem I do with my headlights? Rather than an even field, the light is scattered in patches in front of me. The light from the fog lamps is evenly spread, and I tend improve the effect by using my fog lamps at night in addition to my low beams. Together, the lower area is lit evenly from the fog lamps and the remaining scattered area toward the top looks almost "normal." My girlfriend's HHR has a much more even light distribution pattern from her factory headlights. Is there a lot of variability here or is something wrong with my headlights' reflectors?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

Doctuh, it sounds like you need to adjust your beams. If you look under the hood, near the hood struts, you should see a hole, with a white piece inside that's got either a hex head or phillips screw driver option. You can adjust them that way.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Doctuh
Does anyone else have the same problem I do with my headlights? Rather than an even field, the light is scattered in patches in front of me. The light from the fog lamps is evenly spread, and I tend improve the effect by using my fog lamps at night in addition to my low beams. Together, the lower area is lit evenly from the fog lamps and the remaining scattered area toward the top looks almost "normal." My girlfriend's HHR has a much more even light distribution pattern from her factory headlights. Is there a lot of variability here or is something wrong with my headlights' reflectors?
I bought my Panel used, and it did have the driver and passenger windows already dark tinted, a band of tint added across the windsheild and Sirrius Sat added, if there were other addons before I don't know.

I do know my headlights are just Fantastic, Bright and Wide.
There is a Dark area just in front, but the Factory Fogs fill that in perfectly and add even more light.

I Love them as they are. Now did the previous owner change the bulbs, I don't know it only had 19,000 miles on it but they could have upgraded the bulbs.
Guess i'll know once I have to change one, until then i'll just keep enjoying the light they all cast.

I have put higher end headlights in my wifes Chevy Venture and now Hate driving it because her headlights seem so Dark compared to my Panels.

No fogs on her Venture to help light my way either.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

A&P I cant PM you no room!!

Quick Reply: Depo black headlights housing