Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Depo black headlights housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM

depo headlights

i have them had no issues with them at all
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

capp002-

Thanks for posting your pic w/depos..Very unique look !!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

I like it. But my question is, how do you see?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by capp002
i have them had no issues with them at all
Looks very sharp on white
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Heat doesn't touch the factory glue, higher melt temp than the plastic from what I've read, so cut/pry and basically bust off the whole flange on the back piece. I got one apart and couldn't use my hands for several days...... still had the glue to remove before starting the mod...... Then came the flood, 5 1/2 feet of water in my basement. Project is dead now, so it was a waste of a good set of lights and my $$$. Sorry man.... no joy for the lights. (Truth... I don't even know where in that mess the complete light is, my basement is that trashed!)

I was just warning guys about the factory lights, I've read the aftermarkets are easier to take apart as the oven trick works. (different glue)
That blows man. I'm sorry to hear that. You're basement doesn't have a sump pump I take it.

Originally Posted by KINGSHIPLEY
Thats what makes it fun . enjoy ur weekend
Cheers!

Originally Posted by sleeper
I wouldn't brag about having owned a big dog, the name is fitting, they ain't all that.. Did repairs on some, & they cut corners many places..

Least you went to HD, even tho ya got a twinkee & sporty..

setting trends is nice to brag about, but making prototypes for production is another (read $$$) nome sain ??
They are nice. It's not that they cut corners so much as some bad designs. They cut corners, on their motors by not letting S&S build them then put poor angled TP rocker boxes on the S&S motor. Bad designs in their electronics. But which ever, I fixed most of that stuff. I work on them all the time, got lots of buds with them. I'll have about a dozen of them over my house in a couple weeks.

Been workin on the scoots this winter... doing a few things to them. Lookin real good.

Ultra
Nightster

Originally Posted by Doctuh
Does anyone else have the same problem I do with my headlights? Rather than an even field, the light is scattered in patches in front of me. The light from the fog lamps is evenly spread, and I tend improve the effect by using my fog lamps at night in addition to my low beams. Together, the lower area is lit evenly from the fog lamps and the remaining scattered area toward the top looks almost "normal." My girlfriend's HHR has a much more even light distribution pattern from her factory headlights. Is there a lot of variability here or is something wrong with my headlights' reflectors?
I agree that an adjustment is needed. But there will be some different lighting, because the refractor ring is black/non-reflective now.

Originally Posted by Officer1151
Doctuh, it sounds like you need to adjust your beams. If you look under the hood, near the hood struts, you should see a hole, with a white piece inside that's got either a hex head or phillips screw driver option. You can adjust them that way.
I suggest using the allen. The Phillips can trash the opening.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:27 PM

" You're basement doesn't have a sump pump I take it. "

It went from no water to 5+ feet in less than 45 minutes...... NO sump pump could deal with that!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 PM

Is it a concrete poured basement or stone?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Looks very sharp on white
Believe it or not thats clean as hell and I "like" it
Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Back around the 1890's early 1900's they used a terracotta block... (pre cinderblock) with mortar between. The water was half way up the exposed blocks and pouring through the closed windows at that point, I was watching stuff flow by. Sure, improvements could be made to my basement, but this was a flood, so improvements wouldn't mean squat..... I still would have had 5+ feet of water.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:51 PM

That sucks... sorry man.

You live near a stream/creek or other.

Quick Reply: Depo black headlights housing