Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Hhr 2007 lt - Adding Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Smile Hhr 2007 lt - Adding Fog Lights

I bought a 2007 HHR LT but at the moment I did not notice it was a model without the Fog light. I would like to install an OEM fog light but the dealer I bought the car from, told me that it's to expensive, it's part of the bumper, etc. I would like to know if any one could give me an advice to do it and where to find the parts. Special the OEM swith not the toogle type that are advertised on "compatible kits".Thank you. I have been trying this since I bougth the car and it's almost 6 years old.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ferdy'O
I bought a 2007 HHR LT but at the moment I did not notice it was a model without the Fog light. I would like to install an OEM fog light but the dealer I bought the car from, told me that it's to expensive, it's part of the bumper, etc. I would like to know if any one could give me an advice to do it and where to find the parts. Special the OEM swith not the toogle type that are advertised on "compatible kits".Thank you. I have been trying this since I bougth the car and it's almost 6 years old.
You can get factory fog lamps from eBay they just snap in. To wire it like factory will require adding some wiring and reprogramming the body controller do a search of factory fog lamps. Someone on here found out that you could use a hazard switch in place of the fog lamp switch and wire it up your self with out involving the body controller. The hazard switch snaps in the same place the factory fog lamp switch would go the hazard switch clicks on the clicks off the factory fog light switch is just a momentary switch