Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Benjiwah
Correction...although I do love to eat, I Have been SUPER busy, not SUPPER busy...lol
And speaking of getting busy, my kids are of a blended family... I was only involved in the conception of two of them. The oldest two I adopted from my first wife and her and I had two together. Then a year after I put her through school to be a nurse she bailed, leaving me with all four. She only sees the two we had together a few times a year and hasn't bothered to contact her oldest two (my adopted sons) in over 2 year. She's a special kind of POS.
I Have since remarried a wonderful woman who had two of her own which brings me to 6 total. 2, 2, & 2... 2 adopted, 2 biological, & 2 step. My current and final wife Nicole is 20 times the Mom than my ex could ever hope to be so I feel blest to have her in our lives.
Of course this has everything to do with HHR's...lol....sorry

HotRod57,

Super 8-lite is exactly right! :)
WOW!!! The kids are LUCKY to have a dad like you! Sucks when a parent blows off their kids. You are a good man!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 PM

Mike,
You have absolutely nothing to apologise for. I am flattered that you are excited about my project!

Radco,
Thanks for the kind words! I try to be a good dad the best I know how....like I never let the kids hear me refer to their biological mother as the egg donor :)
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Deceased

Thanks Ben, just didn't want to be a pain in the butt, yours is one of the fastest and most radical builds.

After a long day of DC insanity, it's nice to pop up and see what you've come up with next.

Keep up the good work man.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM

Thanks Mike! It feels like my build is taking forever....but I have only been working on it for about a month in my free time. And I work 50 hrs a week minimum. Heck, I've only owned her since February. Since I basically stole this car from the previous owner ($4,500 for a 2007 1LT with 80,000 miles), I didn't feel at all apprehensive about doing a radical mod. If it would've been panel SS, I would only do bolt on mods. But since there was nothing rare about my HHR, I decided to dive right in! :)
Old 06-01-2013, 07:45 AM

One thing I learned a long time ago is not to rush a project. Otherwise you might make mistakes that take even more time to correct.

On the other hand the delays can be frustrating and there can be endless little tweaks and side projects that can get in the way of finishing it.

My '95 Ranger has only 12,000 miles on it and only been in actual operation for 4 years. Fought for 4 years with the state of Ohio over releasing the title and the remainder in my garage undergoing various and extensive modifications. It is tough to find the time...uninterrupted time..to get it finished. I'm 90% there.... Family first!

Your Buick is incredible and it will be one of a kind and something to be extremely proud of.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Holy Cow Tominator! 12,000 miles on a '95 Ranger? What all have or are you doing to it? Please post pics :) And yes always family first
Old 06-02-2013, 04:14 AM

Benjiwah 6 times tha man and amount of patience that i am and have lol, My one n only 1yr old daughter is at the " walk everywhere, listen to nobody" stage lol, i couldnt imagine have 6 older versions lol, but yes we shal wait patiently for your uploads! YOUR FANS AWAIT!!! patiently :)
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Benjiwah
Holy Cow Tominator! 12,000 miles on a '95 Ranger? What all have or are you doing to it? Please post pics :) And yes always family first
Don't want to hijack your thread but here is a couple..

Unfinished and several modifications done after this pic such as bigger fan and radiator moved in front of support.

World Ford Challenge '06.. 1ST Place

Hangin out with friends.

Other than the obvious, Baer Racing Brakes, Supercharged 5.0 with Viper Spec Tremec, Dakota Digital Dash, AM/FM/DVD/TV into 12 speakers with dual American Bass amps, Corbeau Toplines...and so much more. I hope to have it back on the road middle of July as I have a week off work....and I hate wiring!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the compliments Tominator!!! & Hijack away Tom...we're all car guys (& gals) here and share the common bond of being moved by things that move us. That is one bad ass Ranger!!! Well done Sir!!!
Oh and I hate wiring too. So much so that when I woke up earlier than I planned this morning and and saw your interior pic, my plan to go back to bed and sleep in was shot all to Hell! I just know I would've had nightmares so I decided to stay up! LOL
Old 06-02-2013, 11:43 AM

woooooooooow. very nice! yes wiring isnt exactly a peaceful thing.. like golf.. but the results are usually WELL worth it lol

Quick Reply: HHR - Buick Bijou Super Progress