Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Shaved rear hatch

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012 | 06:26 AM

Rare find indeed.

WOnder why the dealership didn't just sell it as is? You know they added all this extra cost into the sale of the one they have.
Old 04-24-2012 | 11:51 AM

Can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy being in IN with a Victory Red HHr and not even knowing it was available; however I'll bet the asking price would have snapped me out of that.

It will be interesting to see if any shipper is able to deliver that assembled hatch in a condition similar to as it appears in the photo. How does one open a shaved rear hatch?
Old 04-24-2012 | 01:07 PM
Rest In Peace

Sorry your Panel got hit.

I saw that Red one for sale seller was in Indiana I think, I almost contacted him about a month or two ago, to buy it. Thought it was long gone when I found it for sale online since the ad had expired.

I'll delete the saved info and pics now.

Should look sharp in Black and on a Panel.
Old 04-24-2012 | 05:43 PM

Yeah, I can't wait for it to get here, and for the price I paid to ship it... Well it better get here in perfect condition. Next on the list is a second attempt at making a roll pan for the rear bumper. Gotta mount the license plate and hatch release. The panel is gettin matte black paint too, a little sooner than I had planned on tho, and the wagon will be gettin matte silver when it's chopped.
Old 05-01-2012 | 09:10 PM

Got the hatch today, sanded it down and primed it up real quick. Still have to mount the license plate and hatch release button tho. Kinda excited, just wanna see how it's gonna look when it's installed

Old 05-01-2012 | 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

lookin good bud..recessed lic plate box?..let me know how you make out with the latch system..i was thinkn riggn it to a popper switch as well..let me know if im thinkn wrong..where is the cam goin?
Old 05-01-2012 | 09:46 PM

Imagine how awesome that would be on the panel with the window filled.....
Old 05-01-2012 | 09:52 PM

Yeah, just using the stock latch setup but relocating the release switch. Probably have to put spring poppers to help the hatch open up a bit. I plan on making a roll pan with the plate recessed with the lights and switch kinda like the stock setup. I will be adding a few cameras, but molding them into an SS spoiler, all in due time. I was thinking of shaving the window too, when I install my speakers I won't be seeing out the back ever again
Old 05-01-2012 | 10:18 PM
Rest In Peace

AutoLoc sells some Hidden release buttons. You mount them on the Inside of a body panel, and when you touch that area, it releases the door, trunk, hatch whatever you want to use them for.

UltraTouch Invisible Switch System with Sensor $99.99 on sale.
http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Ultra...em-with-Sensor

Video of car with no door handles, watch the whole video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9wPV7WwIchc

I was gonna use this one if I bought that hatch you got.

In the AD, it showed they used a Front Plate mount and just screwed it to the rear bumper like on the front.

I copy/pasted the AD into a wordpad document then copy/pasted the pics, but can't save the pics out of the document now.
Old 05-05-2012 | 07:22 PM

Installed the hatch, just in time for the rain, ha. Just test fitting for now, getting it ready for paint. Ordered an SS spoiler too, to mount my release switch and back-up cameras

Quick Reply: Shaved rear hatch