North Central ND, SD, MN, WI
View Poll Results: Which city do you think would be the best location for an HHR G2G in Wisconsin?
Wausau
5.66%
Eau Claire
15.09%
Wisconsin Dells
30.19%
Madison
7.55%
Milwaukee
35.85%
Other
9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Wisconsin HHR Get-Together

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 PM

August 14th would work best for us. It's a three-plus hour drive from Minneapolis, so we'd most likely stay overnight. Considering the Dells isn't the cheapest place to stay, especially on short notice, it would be best for us to finalize this as soon as possible so that we can make reservations.

TomK
Mpls, MN
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM

I am on the unemployed list now so I will weigh in when the date and location is finalized.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 PM

The weekend of the 14th is open for me. It's a few hours drive for me so may be able to do day trip or might could work out an overnight. My wife has been hinting at wanting to go to the Dells anyways this summer.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
I am on the unemployed list now so I will weigh in when the date and location is finalized.
Sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is going alright for you. It sucks being out of a job.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM

OK, thanks for the replies. The weekend of August 14th works for me, and it seems to work for everyone else too. Not everyone who initially showed interest in this G2G has replied yet. I sent PMs to everyone who expressed interest in coming to this G2G, and some people have replied. So, I'm going to try sending e-mails to everyone who hasn't replied yet. That way, if they haven't had a chance to get online lately, at least maybe they'll see the e-mail. At the end of this week, I'm going to just have to pick a weekend and go with it because people need to make hotel reservations and we need to have a date set in place for planning purposes. So far, it looks like 14th-15th is what we're going to go with, but nothing is final yet. Hopefully, that will give everyone who hasn't replied yet a chance to post which weekend(s) work for them. Also, I will be posting up a example schedule/itinerary soon so people can say what they think and give suggestions. So check back soon for more information!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 AM

Also, I was wondering if people would want to go to Noah's Ark as part of the G2G? Wisconsin Dells is all about the waterparks. So, is Noah's Ark something we wanna do?
Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Hey Guys & Dolls
If its the 14th & 15th of Aug I just might be able to follow Tom Da a76marine and his wife. They are very good friends of mine and have been their for me when I needed friends during my Cancer. I will have to check because it's my Son's Birthday on the 16th and I must see what he want's to do on the 14 & 15th. Tom has my number so I am sure that he will keep me informed. I hope I can make this one. I love the dells but it will depend on funding for me but hell it sounds like it would be a great time. for a one day trip I would drive from the South East side of CHicago to almost any were if it only takes 3 hrs. But the Dells or any thing further for 1 day might not be in my funding if you know what I mean. My Doctors and I have found another Lump in my throath and I am going for a CT Scan tomorrow and I will get the results on Tuesday so this will just be another added bill that I will have to pay again. But hey lets just have fun. Thats what this HHr is all about. I hope to meet some new friends. I think you should put this on the Illinois region also. You might get more HHr's to go.

Later

Your Z-Man

Rudy
Old 07-14-2010, 08:52 PM

Good luck with your CT scan tomorrow Rudy. You know we are all pullin' and praying for you!

I will do my best to get there, but I can't make any commitment yet at this point for that weekend. I am frantically trying to juggle my work and personal schedule right now. Sounds like fun though, and we haven't been to the Dells in a long time!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 AM

I think I can make it that weekend just need to figure if drive down in one day or over night it JC
Old 07-16-2010, 03:12 PM

OK, I've decided that we are for sure going to have it the weekend of August 14th-15th in Wisconsin Dells. I was wondering: how many people are coming just by themselves? I myself want to stay overnight, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a room for just me. Maybe if there's other people coming by themselves, we could pair up 2 to a room, and then split the cost. Let me know what you think. And I'll post up the details pretty soon. I know I've said that a couple times already, but I'm so busy lately, just going, going, going. When I have some free time, I'll work on it.

Here's a summary:
--goetylsd (from Green Bay, WI) – Yes
--W0THK (from Minneapolis, MN) – Yes
--a76marine (from Waukegan, IL) – Yes
--jayceeg (from Minneapolis, MN) – Probably
--Z-Man (from Chicago, IL) – Maybe
--TomsHHR (from Superior, WI) – Maybe
--CarlsSS (from Cedarburg, WI) – Maybe
--milwaukee hhr (from Milwaukee, WI) – Haven't heard back from yet.
--09 SS (from Green Bay, WI) - Haven't heard back from yet.

At this point, I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys have, from what we do, to where we eat, to where we stay. I'm trying to put together a schedule, but I'm sort of stuck because I don't know what it is exactly that we want to do. I'm not sure what everyone likes and is interested in. I have ideas, but I'd like to hear your opinions too. I can put together my ideas into a schedule, but I want to have a schedule with stuff everyone wants to do, not just my ideas. So please, suggest away! Throw some stuff out there!

Thanks,
Tyler from Green Bay, WI

Quick Reply: Wisconsin HHR Get-Together