Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

HHR Nut's Amethyst HHR (56k Warning!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:23 PM

I did not like the amethyst color until I saw yours!!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe
I dig that chrome molding on the doors panels..Looking good...
Thanks! I almost didn't buy the 1/8" molding when I found it because I wasn't sure where I could use chrome that slim. Bought it anyway and the next day I knew that it had to go on the doors... then when I was almost done, I was sure I was going run out, but didn't.

Last time I ran out of molding, I went back to buy more because the store had plenty just a few days prior...and of course, it was completely out of stock.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
Your ride is looking really good. I dig that attention to detail with the chrome molding. Nice backdrop on the pixs btw.
Thanks. :)

Before I got the car, I decided I'd do my best avoid taking snaps of the car in my driveway or some random commercial parking lot.

Had to do a bit of driving around to find good locations, but I had fun with it... I'm going to do it again when I have some time.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by HHR Nut
Last time I ran out of molding, I went back to buy more because the store had plenty just a few days prior...and of course, it was completely out of stock.
You don't by chance live in Texas, do you?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Oooops! My (very), bad!

That's what I get for not thinking...
Hehe.

I'm pretty gender-neutral in my posts-- you had no way of knowing. It's happened before and I find it amusing...but then again, I have a strange sense of humor.

Thanks again!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
We are not worthy. Beautiful detail. What did you print the visor decals on. I want those also.
Thanks!

You can't tell by the pics, but I'm still working out the visor decal details. Originally, they were printed on something called PolySilk... that had an odd texture/gloss pattern and the adhesive didn't hold up long in the heat of the car.

Next, I tried some labels that stick to everything else really well. That was a little better, but still started to come off.

Right now (pictured), it's good old fashioned paper glued to sign vinyl... it's sticking so far and looks good (the matte paper 'matches' the visor a lot better than the PolySilk did...

When I get time I'm going to pick up some canvas for inkjet printers, adjust the colors to match, then mask well and use good old-fashioned industrial strength spray adhesive-- that stuff sticks to everything.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Very nice Love your choice in color. Wife also liked some of the chrome strips you placed on yours. May have to steal a couple of your ideas if that is cool with you
As long as you don't follow me around and park next to me everywhere, go right ahead!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
HHRNut I adjusted your first post becasue the pictures were all over the place.

Guys/girls
try to move down to the next line after posting a picture so they dont get combined on one line. This way people do not have to scroll across.
Thanks and apologies-- I do cross-browser checking when I'm doing web sites, but have to admit I don't bother with that when posting to message boards.

Showed up perfect here... each pic had its own line. Mac FireFox. If I'd known, I'd have fixed it myself because I hate to have to scroll vertically.

Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
Now all you need to do is to get rid of the "Monster Truck" look and put some Goldline lowering springs...
That's not going to happen.

I toyed with the idea for a while but that was before I got the car. Now, I can't imagine lowering it. I love the look like it is.

A lot of HHRs look great lowered, but not mine.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Featured Car! Well deserved! Thank you for the awesome pictures and mod details.
Thanks! I'm honored.

Quick Reply: HHR Nut's Amethyst HHR (56k Warning!)