Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

New Pics.. Spoiler, Rear Wiper Delete, 3rd Brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008 | 07:46 PM

New Pics.. Spoiler, Rear Wiper Delete, 3rd Brake

Heres a few pics..

-3rd brake light "HHR" (if anyone wants one.. PM)
-Removed rear wiper assembly / siliconed plug
-OEM Spoiler added
-Bumper Protector Pad

Thanks for looking
Name:  417463153_UbMUx-M.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  83.1 KB

Name:  P1010424.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  P1010429.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  16.4 KB
Old 11-15-2008 | 08:11 PM

looking good.

i want to add the SS style spoiler but really don't want to drop the cash on it.

You have extra light decals, or do you make them yourself? I'm interested but looking for a custom one instead of the HHR.
Old 11-15-2008 | 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
looking good.

You have extra light decals, or do you make them yourself? I'm interested but looking for a custom one instead of the HHR.
Hey Twister, I made mine myself with MS word, 3 inch electrical tape, an exacto knife and some patience.. I still have the word doc... if you like i can send it to you... the whole process took about 30 mins.

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:38 PM

this is where i got my custom one made. i don't remember my specs for the sizes, but i can try looking them up for you, or you can go measure on yours.

http://www.vinzdecals.com/createbrakeoverlay.html

edit- what do you know, i found my order receipt email. i ordered it 12x2 for the overall size, and the font size was 9.5x1.5. i ordered it with a black backing, and used the flip option so it would be backwards, to be applied to the hatch glass instead of the 3rd brake light itself. then when applying it, center it in the hole in the black stuff across the top of the hatch glass (where the brake light shines through) and you're done. make sure to give it a good rubbing for a while, to make sure it stays put. mine started peeling a bit when i first put it on, then i went over it with my credit card for a minute or two, and then it stayed down, and no problems since, and this was in the beginning of June this year.

edit (again)-oh, and HalfPanel, it looks great! lol, totally missed the point of the thread haha. what is the "eight eleven o seven" all about? looks kinda cool, and seems slightly ominous haha
Old 11-15-2008 | 09:02 PM

Real clean partner! good job!!
Old 11-15-2008 | 09:52 PM

Everything looks great Paul, great job
Old 11-15-2008 | 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Yonash
t

edit (again)-oh, and HalfPanel, it looks great! lol, totally missed the point of the thread haha. what is the "eight eleven o seven" all about? looks kinda cool, and seems slightly ominous haha
thanks , and eightelevenoseven is the day me and my lady started dating officially.. the day we became "us" if you will. i did it spelled out instead of 8-11-07. keeps people wondering and curious as to what it is. instead of expecting it means a death or something..
Old 11-15-2008 | 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
looking good.

i want to add the SS style spoiler but really don't want to drop the cash on it.

yeah, i was between the ss spoiler and the oem one..
i personally like the oem spoiler more. just my preference.
i got it for a great deal and dont regret it at all.
took 30 mins to install and i think it looks awesome

also my neighbor has a decal machine, so
Old 11-16-2008 | 09:39 AM

nice, i'm trying to get my work to buy a smallish one. I'm a designer so we could use it for for then just vinyl, mostly cutting out complicated designs to show the client before production beings. I work mainly for lawyers, and they are not visual people at all. so if they can't see what it looks like beforehand, they don't go for it.

jack-07 - thanks for the tips. I was going to go this route, but didn't know if i wanted to buy the electrical tape for it. I have black vinyl i did my bowties with, but i checked it and it's too thin, light comes right through it. I pretty much cut out complicated designs every day with an exacto, so it would be no problem, along with a huge font library. Just depends on how lazy i am.
Old 11-16-2008 | 10:08 AM

It really does look nice

The spoiler really does look nice so I immediatly ordered one for Princess.

Quick Reply: New Pics.. Spoiler, Rear Wiper Delete, 3rd Brake