Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Pics from the 2008 HHRitage Nationals...NOT 56K friendly!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
HEY!!!

I was there...
I'm sorry Tim, I forgot about our #1 mid-west member.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by university_student
happy i stayed home, does not look like too many custom vehicles are there.
I was amazed how different the HHR's were. We all have the same vehicle, but we have each done things to set it apart. I don't think ANY two HHR's were alike. So to say there were no "custom" HHR's there can only come from someone who obviously did not attend. I was one of the judges, and I was very impressed how much time and hard work the owners gave their cars at this event, and some of the very clever ways they were customized. Perhaps you should take a closer look at the pictures and find for me an HHR that was not customized in some way.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Anyone willing to share their pics, let me know. I'd love to get a cd of them. So far I've got mine of course, but also Doug and Tim's.

Thanks
Hey Mike...

I still have a few more photos from the event I took AFTER I downloaded the photos to your laptop during the event.

I also have a ton of local attraction photos if you want any of them...

I can always bring those over to your house if you want them.

BTW... I still need to get a copy of the "Big Splash" photos that the photographer took of the raffle pool challenge...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:16 AM

Hey Mike...

I still have a few more photos from the event I took AFTER I downloaded the photos to your laptop during the event.

BTW... I still need to get a copy of the "Big Splash" photos that the photographer took of the raffle pool challenge...
Consider your request filled!

Y'all had to see this. We had a $100 gift certificate to JC Whitney for a door prize. I though we needed to something better than just pick a name, soooooooooo

I figured what's nicer on a hot afternoon than a quick dip in the pool. The DJ made the announcement that the 1st person to jump in the pool, fully clothed, got the prize! I found out later that Angie was on TOP of HHR Boutiques RV taking pics when she heard the announcement...........Enjoy!

Last edited by GDZHHR; 07-29-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM

Hey Mike...

Tim, you know your welcome at our home any time.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM

Y'all had to see this. We had a $100 gift certificate to JC Whitney for a door prize. I though we needed to something better than just pick a name, soooooooooo

I figured what's nicer on a hot afternoon than a quick dip in the pool. The DJ made the announcement that the 1st person to jump in the pool, fully clothed, got the prize! I found out later that Angie was on TOP of HHR Boutiques RV taking pics when she heard the announcement...........Enjoy!
The pictures really do tell the story well.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 07-29-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Removed pics from quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 AM

Ha ha...

Yep... she was standing ON TOP of the huge HHR Boutique vendor RV snapping photos when the announcement was made.

She jumped down and threw me the camera.

I thought she was goofing around when she took off running across the event grounds toward the pool...

But when I saw her kick off her flip flops when she made it half way there, I knew there was no stopping her then...

Unfortunately, the gift certificate wasn't a $100 gift certificate for ATT Wireless Phones because she forgot to remove her cell phone from her pocket before she dove into the pool fully clothed...

Her phone was toast... but she won the $100 gift certificate for J.C Whitney and we were able to find a good deal on a new placement phone that afternoon at a store in Branson.

The pictures do tell it all... definitely another memorable moment from the Inaugural HHRitage Nationals 2008 that we will never forget!!!

(now I'm worried what challenge she'll take on for next summer's event)
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Name:  HHRitageNationalswidegroup3.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  49.2 KB

She was standing "on the top" of the HHR Boutique Vendor RV in the above picture snapping pictures...

Now THAT was one heck of a jump and sprint across the event grounds...
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM

Someone has a pic of her running across the lot, couldn't find it though.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM

My wife and kids were in the pool when Angie cam running in, so needless to say I had to explain what was going on.

Quick Reply: Pics from the 2008 HHRitage Nationals...NOT 56K friendly!