Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Slide_Rite's HHR - Pics, Mods & More!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM

I think if most people were being honest, they'd say "What the hell is THAT?!", re: the grille, mirrors and rear. Your vision is definitely way out there.

But then I looked at them again. And again. And again. And your theme started to grow on me. Would I ever do it? No. But your vision is about as unique as it gets, and it does work with that color. And risky as hell...I could see why you'd see eveything in black and think, "Nah, I'll just leave it as is." But you went for it...good for you...especially since it turned out as you hoped it would.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 PM

What would this spinning rock be like if we all did it the same ! Go for it !! I like the WOW factor when I'm looking a someones ride, Two or four wheels. It might not be for myself but it made me look You Go Boy..
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
I think if most people were being honest, they'd say "What the hell is THAT?!", re: the grille, mirrors and rear. Your vision is definitely way out there.

But then I looked at them again. And again. And again. And your theme started to grow on me. Would I ever do it? No. But your vision is about as unique as it gets, and it does work with that color. And risky as hell...I could see why you'd see eveything in black and think, "Nah, I'll just leave it as is." But you went for it...good for you...especially since it turned out as you hoped it would.
Thanks, I think my final vision for it will be pretty cool...but the road to get there is a little rough. It'll start to look better as more pieces are changed or modified, although I am sure people will still think "what the hell is THAT?!"...haha, no worries though! Different strokes for different folks...

...but it's true that my visions for it are probably a little "unique".

Originally Posted by oneton
What would this spinning rock be like if we all did it the same ! Go for it !! I like the WOW factor when I'm looking a someones ride, Two or four wheels. It might not be for myself but it made me look You Go Boy..
Thank you, glad you are open to the originality of it as well. It doesn't quite have the wow factor yet, but I am sure it will. I still have lots of plans for it...so we'll see how it goes.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:50 PM

Not for me, but I love that shifter! And hey an extra bullet in plain site,save your ass from zombies.

Beater, rat, steam, and zombies... do I hear a graphic novel about a
hhr vs. zombies? Cattle pusher is a must.

Not proud to admit, but urine does a fantastic patina on copper, really quick.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Z.A.W. - Zombie Apocalypse Wagon

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Not for me, but I love that shifter! And hey an extra bullet in plain site,save your ass from zombies.

Beater, rat, steam, and zombies... do I hear a graphic novel about a
hhr vs. zombies? Cattle pusher is a must.

Not proud to admit, but urine does a fantastic patina on copper, really quick.

Thanks foolmoon, I really love my shifter too. It was kind of a "let me see how I could do this" kind of idea. Now that it's done...I am really diggin it, especially the look while parked. Although, I am finding out just how quickly copper & brass tarnish...lol, gonna have to re-polish them bi-weekly to keep them clean. I was thinking about just letting them tarnish to look rat, but can't decide until I get the chrome re-plated to copper so I can see if it will tarnish to a similar look.

Not gonna pee on them, HAHAHA...but it's interesting to know!

Also, not a bad suggestion about the grill guard...maybe something "Mad Max" style...would tie in well to my theme. I think I would probably have to have someone custom build one though...or wait until I figure out how to weld.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM

The pictures of the finish on the grill kinda remind me of the case hardened finish on old pistols. Case hardened trim would be kinda cool.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM

One of those cop car pushers would like killer on it! You'd be surprised how cheap it would be for a local muffler shop or other automotive shop to weld a push bar on for you...it's just a matter of finding something that would work. I kinda like the shifter...only thing that would better would be larger diameter tubing maybe for the shifter? Just a thought.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
The pictures of the finish on the grill kinda remind me of the case hardened finish on old pistols. Case hardened trim would be kinda cool.
That would be very cool. I really like alternate finishes & styles you don't normally see.

Originally Posted by chefhhr
One of those cop car pushers would like killer on it! You'd be surprised how cheap it would be for a local muffler shop or other automotive shop to weld a push bar on for you...it's just a matter of finding something that would work. I kinda like the shifter...only thing that would better would be larger diameter tubing maybe for the shifter? Just a thought.

Yeah, been thinking about that grill guard. Have to find a few and get some ideas of how I could do it...whether I could modify one to my liking, or could just create my own from one or more.

As for the shifter, I am also making an alternate with a hand grenade shifter handle, but it's a back burner project. When you say larger diameter for the handle, you mean like a T-handle? I have plans for something in that style...but decided for now on the upright shifter handle for the visual appeal. With as cheap as it is to get the copper pipe to create them, I'll probably end up with a variety of shifters to change around. A few more rat fink style, some short ones...just a variety of anything that would make a cool shifter. I'm thinking a short copper pipe with a slight forward angle and the bullet sideways would make a nice t-handle.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM

Just a few small changes...

Just a few minor mods recently . This first one was bugging the crap outta me ever since I removed the rear interior hatch panel. Saw that bowtie and just knew it was in for a change...so I just taped it off and hit it with some flat black paint.

Before..

After...what an improvement!

I also used some of my extra copper pipe to change the headrest posts to copper. I think it will look much better once the seats are black, but it works for me for now.

Another before shot...

And now after...quick, simple, effective.

Currently working on a custom Borla exhaust, changing out my door lock pins to custom made lock pins, and adding custom hood latches. Stay tuned for updates, with photos of course.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Premium Member

dude your nuts! haha but I cant wait to see what comes next! good job man!

Quick Reply: Slide_Rite's HHR - Pics, Mods & More!