Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Slide_Rite's HHR - Pics, Mods & More!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Spring Cleaning...

Recently went camping and got the wagon pretty dirty. Got home and had to wash the Oklahoma off of her. Luckily, we were there during nice weather in between the series of storms that brought out the tornado's. Spent some time on the Wagon this weekend...mainly just to clean her.

Finally found a set of black steel 17's locally from a Malibu owner. Stuck some 235/45/17 on them and threw them on the rear. I am still running the stock 16's up front for now. These Malibu wheels really help to fill the wheel well much better.

Finally debadged the LT emblem, and plasti dipped the HHR & GM emblems black. It looks much better now.

Got a few more things waiting to go on the wagon...black lug spikes, in-channel window visors, and custom door lock knobs using 1946 copper 7.62 shell casings. Hoping to have all this on in the next few weeks...for now, a teaser of the soon to be door locks.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 PM

Just dont mount more then 7 of those...........
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Just dont mount more then 7 of those...........
Luckily, I only need the four for the doors. I also have my 50 Cal. shifter...so 5 visible in total so far. Out of curiosity, why do you say no more than 7?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Sounds like he may have a magazine capacity limit in his state. Things you don't have to worry about in Texas.

Gayyyyyyyyyy.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Schulte
Sounds like he may have a magazine capacity limit in his state. Things you don't have to worry about in Texas.

Gayyyyyyyyyy.
I thought that might be the case. Haha, no worries about that.

I am really diggin the staggered look with the 16F/17R. Has a nice stance to it, although I do still plan to run 17's all around. Until I find the other two 17 steelies, this works for me...camera was a little crooked, but you get the idea...

Now that it's getting hot in TX, I need to get those two front windows tinted so I can finally install my EGR window visors. Then I think depos will be next, and aggressive lowering on FE5 shocks/struts.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM

love this thread! makes me whish i would have documented my project so far! car looks nice! what car has the 5 spoke steelies? those look way better than the dinner plates lol
Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Administrator

looking very cool!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by hhryoungin
love this thread! makes me whish i would have documented my project so far! car looks nice! what car has the 5 spoke steelies? those look way better than the dinner plates lol
You can get the 16" 5 star steelies from 2007 & up HHR's. I believe 2006 still had the old style of steelies. As for the 17" steelies, they came off a Malibu. There are probably other makes & models that run the same 16/17 steelies in our bolt pattern...check Cobalts, G6's, Aura's, Malibu's, and some Saab...might be others, but that is off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
looking very cool!
Thanks, it's getting there!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:03 AM

yea i have the 07 LS but it came with the old style i really like those steelies! look like a set of Nismos!
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hhryoungin
yea i have the 07 LS but it came with the old style
Oh okay, maybe they only came on the LT in 07...not sure. I do know they clean up nicely, and make for an excellent option for those not looking to spend a large sum on wheels. I will clean them up better (forgot my wheel cleaning stuff when I washed her), and get a close pic of them with my lug spikes.

I'm planning to sex them up a bit with some beauty rings...probably two sets, one copper plated, one plasti-rusted. That'll hold me over until I find something that I just can't live without.

Quick Reply: Slide_Rite's HHR - Pics, Mods & More!