Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2008 HHR Dashboard Lights up like a Christmas Tree

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Re: 2008 HHR Dashboard Lights up like a Christmas Tree

Hi DrMardo,

I apologize for the frustration you've had to endure with your HHR, but I am so happy to hear you were able to get a resolution. Please feel free to reach out if there’s anything else I can help you with!

Have a great day,

Kayla K.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by DrMardo
So, it wasn't the Steering wheel caslibration either.... but!

RESOLUTION!!! WOW! What a struggle this was! MY dashboard lights, bells and whistles (ok, that was a stretch) are now functioning normally!

It turns out that the ABS computer module/unit was the culprit all along. I found a competent mechanic who was able to dig into all of the information available and resolved this issue within a few days. It has now been over two weeks and my little HHR is now running like it used to - perfect and flawlessly!

Again, thank you everyone who assisted with this journey and I hope that anyone else that might have this same issue is able to resolve their problem with the help of this thread!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 PM

RESOLUTION!!! WOW! What a struggle this was! MY dashboard lights, bells and whistles (ok, that was a stretch) are now functioning normally!

It turns out that the ABS computer module/unit was the culprit all along. I found a competent mechanic who was able to dig into all of the information available and resolved this issue within a few days. It has now been over two weeks and my little HHR is now running like it used to - perfect and flawlessly!

Again, thank you everyone who assisted with this journey and I hope that anyone else that might have this same issue is able to resolve their problem with the help of this thread!
I don't suppose you could share? You had a problem, now it's fixed. What was the fix?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Don see post # 30 for the fix!!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM

I'm having the EXACT same thing happening to my wife's '06 2LT , dropped it off at the dealership last night, waiting to hear from them now.....
Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM

I quoted post #30 in my reply/question. Wouldn't that imply that I had read it, and that it explains nothing to me.

For instance; what ABS computer, what was done to fix it, what information was imparted to this worthy mechanic?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Sorry but I thought I was helping , apparently not!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:15 PM

I am having exactly the same issues with my 08. Fusebox is fine. Had it all apart. Where is the ABS module?
Old 04-11-2015, 11:06 PM

I looked in my work shop manual & there is no mention of a ABS module. I think you need to check out my how to tip: How to keep your DIC_ from going crazy!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 AM

Exactly, eh?
Assuming that your car is equipped with ABS:
The ABS controller is that box in front of the Darth Vader hood that us in front of the fuse box. It has brake line connections on the top the electrical connector is hidden.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:16 AM

Since the "One and Done" has been started, I thought I better come here and report, which will still leave us all scratching our heads, not to mention me and the tech guy at the dealership. They took the wife's '06 2LT in, first they did 3 recalls, two were with the ignition switch and tumbler, third, I can't recall without going back and looking at the paperwork, but, they had the HHR 4 days when they did the recalls, then proceeded to try and recreate the electrical gremlin in the video above, nothing....yes NOTHING, the car was back to normal, and as you can see by the dates of my posts, it's been a while, and still nothing, like it never happened. Was it the switch, or whatever, I don't know, the tech guy can't even answer that. It's just gone.

Quick Reply: 2008 HHR Dashboard Lights up like a Christmas Tree