Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2008 HHR Dashboard Lights up like a Christmas Tree

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BQS4
Since the "One and Done" has been started, I thought I better come here and report, which will still leave us all scratching our heads, not to mention me and the tech guy at the dealership. They took the wife's '06 2LT in, first they did 3 recalls, two were with the ignition switch and tumbler, third, I can't recall without going back and looking at the paperwork, but, they had the HHR 4 days when they did the recalls, then proceeded to try and recreate the electrical gremlin in the video above, nothing....yes NOTHING, the car was back to normal, and as you can see by the dates of my posts, it's been a while, and still nothing, like it never happened. Was it the switch, or whatever, I don't know, the tech guy can't even answer that. It's just gone.
BQS4,

Happy to see that the issue is gone. If it returns, or if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us. We'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Geoff G.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-28-2015, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by DrMardo
So, it wasn't the Steering wheel caslibration either.... but!

RESOLUTION!!! WOW! What a struggle this was! MY dashboard lights, bells and whistles (ok, that was a stretch) are now functioning normally!

It turns out that the ABS computer module/unit was the culprit all along. I found a competent mechanic who was able to dig into all of the information available and resolved this issue within a few days. It has now been over two weeks and my little HHR is now running like it used to - perfect and flawlessly!

Again, thank you everyone who assisted with this journey and I hope that anyone else that might have this same issue is able to resolve their problem with the help of this thread!

I don't think our cars have an STAND ALONE ABS computer. There is no mention of it in my workshop manual. I think he is referring to the top computer under the darth vader hood. Can you please post a picture of the ABS computer?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 PM

On models equipped with ABS it's the black box in front of the Darth Vader hood, it looks like a glorified proportioning valve. the front module under Dart is the ECM the smaller is the TCM (automatic trans).