Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2008 Hhr ss leakin rain water!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM

2008 Hhr ss leakin rain water!! Help!!!

Blown all sunroof drain lines out, took all leaves n stuff out from around wipers. Even had a buddy spray hose on car for 30 min didn't see any water get in, but when it rains the front pass floor mat is soaked, so is carpet and there's a puddle under the carpet!!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM

Seems to be a commonissue

Try the search box.
I found these. hope someone will give you better advice then me

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/water-leak-front-passenger-floor-29690/

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...091#post506091

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/2nd-water-leak-solved-after-butyl-patch-42633/
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 AM

That is a patch under your windshield wipers, remove wipers, then remove the cover, under that you will see a patch covering a hold there, remove that patch and replace it, make sure you buy a sealer to attach the patch back in place to cover that hold, you will have no more cabin water leaks.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 AM

I took off the cowl piece under the wiper arms and saw the rubber piece that covers a big whole,
leaning in toward the passenger compartment, looked just like a funnel that was directing water that way.

Must have knocked it loose when putting in the new windshield.

That tar looking crap the factory put on it was dirty, so it couldn't be used again.

Pulled all that stuff off, cleaned it up, put a nice bead of black silicone on the rubber let it set a few minutes, put it back on the car pressed it down a little and dried over night in the garage.

Water leak fixed. ... Thought about taking pix after I was done..doah. This could have helped someone fix their problem. Maybe it still will.

Also, from it being wet, it blew my blower resistor.

Had to buy another one today:

cost = $44 from stealership

no more wet floor & blower works on all speeds = priceless
Old 11-06-2013, 06:34 AM

Go here and see pic on how to repair the leak inside the car https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/fixed-my-water-leak-last-night-14263/
Old 11-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

JJBoxer. The butyl patch issue that you're refering to was only for the early model HHR's. C-Dub has a 2008, so that butyl patch is not going to be his problem.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Correct, not butyl patch as they changed the design in late 07'

Cabin filter is bone dry, but floors get soaked. I noticed a couple drops INSIDE the glove box, so I am ruling out the wire harness for the doors as they are lower then the glove box.

I am going to check the doors themselves, and the mirrors to see if the doors are leaking water high up rather then the drain holes, but I highly doubt it is either of those.

I drilled out the sunroof drains, and checked them again the other night, all flow water good and strong so its not the sunroof.

Never leaked a drop in 1.5 yrs of me driving it. Left it at my parents for 2 weeks in the direct sun, started leaking after. I thought maybe it was the pine needles clogging draings but I believe I cleaned all of them out. Could the direct sun have done something to the front window? Has anyone heard of the front window causing issues?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

your Mom and Dad take the HHR for a joy ride and play with the sunroof?? LOL this is one of those keep looking issues, you will find the leak but hurry up winter is coming! suggestion pull the windshield side garnish moldings and check for water there it could be the windshield seal has failed
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM

do the moldings on either side of the window just pop off and on?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Administrator

have to open the caps and remove the screw, do one side at a time

Quick Reply: 2008 Hhr ss leakin rain water!! Help!!!