Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Joe I hope you get that car. Remember how many HHR's have been sold. You only read about the few with troubles. We have a tendency to remember those complaints for some reason. There are tons of post from us people with no or trivial problems and we greatly out number the negative.

Me: I love mine and have had it 8 months, I still can't wait to drive it every day. It's such a fun car. (At least compared to my old truck) I can't resist the constant impulse to do mod's on it. Hope you catch the bug.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 AM

great cars. i would jump all over that car. also because it sounds liek you found an imperial blue. best color ever.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Banned

The 2.4 is a great engine in a solid car. I'd see about getting the car checked out by a mechanic before you buy it, as with any used car. I had my wiper switch replaced under warranty a few weeks ago, but that's the only problem I've had in 68,000 hard miles.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by joeblue
I'm thinking of buying a one owner 2007 hhr lt with 10,000 miles on it however, looking at all the problems that these cars are having I may not take the chance. Do the 2007 models have less problems than the 2006 models? This is a great site. Thanks to all.
Hi joe, I have a 06 spring edition, they are all victory red with chrome wheels, the sliver stripe on the side, this has every option they made for the HHR, a lot to go wrong, has 30 k miles. What a great car, only problems, I had the brake rotors turned, and like a lot of other people the shifter broke and had to be replaced, under warranty thank goodness. I feel the shifter is damaged because people try to put it in gear before they step on the brake. It's a very fragile unit and must be handled with care
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 PM

agree

I agree HHR is a good car, but, Do not let a good CARFAX report sway you. CARFAX only reports what insurance companies pay for. If a Rental agency owned the vehicle and it was almost totalled they could repair it ,out of pocket and the report would show a one owner pristine car.
Look for body bolts and screws with the paint scraped etc.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 PM

I would not hesitate buying an HHR.

I have an '06 with 71,000 problem free miles until a very recent headlight bulb problem.

We are planning on buying another HHR, maybe in the next year.

I would also take it to be checked out with a body man, if you know any that will be honest with you. I would give this advice about ANY make or model of car you were looking at.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 AM

Good thinking
Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 AM

I have had mine for one year and 15,000 miles

I have had mine for one year and 15,000 miles. Problems? I have a very quiet clicking sound coming from the air conditioner fan. dealer said it is probably a tree leaf, peice of paper or somethning got up in there. I have not bothered to take it back yet and have them remove it.

My overall opinion of the car? Well I think it is a very good car for an economy small SUV type car. You have to keep in mind it is not designed to be a luxury car, sports car or Suburban type vehichle. It is certainly not a no comprimises economy car. It is a good all around car that looks good (IMHO) and is great on the road. Luxury cars are quieter, sports cars are faster, Suburbans are bigger and carry more and they all get worse mileage. The HHR is not like that. It is in a class all its own.

Then there are some extreme economy cars that are VERY small, uncomfortable, ugly and have no performance. They do have good mileage but you would not want to be seen in one and they can not carry much of anything. The HHR certianly is not like that.

The HHR is not the perfect car but it certainly does many things very well and gets good gas mileage to. There is a few things that most do not like. We think the window switch is in a strange place, the front windsheild is a little low (I like that! because it helps keep the sun out of my eyes when driving) and a few other small things but the car is really nice.

I say if you like the look of the HHR then you should buy it because it does most everything very well.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 AM

New

I would look at the number of people that have 2 or even 3 HHR's, that has got to mean it's a pretty good vehicle. No car is without falt, it was built by people with hanger overs, wife problems and all the things that people live through so you are going to see some problems that's what warranty is for. I fly 25 million dollars jets and they have a warranty for he same reasons.
It's human nature to complain about the negative and say nothing about the positive.
Gordon
Old 01-25-2009, 06:03 PM

i have an 06 spring edition and for the most part its a great car, i have a starting problem that has never left me stranded. besides the int. the car is great. the ints have alot of scratch-n-sniff trim parts that are annoying but thats just GM these days. I am a loyal GM fan and despite the cheap int. i will always buy a GM product.

Quick Reply: advice