Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Air condition trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM

Air condition trouble

I am a new HHR owner, i have had my HHR since the first of June, in July my A/C started blowing HOT air on my trip to VA. I live in OK. when i turned all the switches off for about 2 min. then turned back on it worked fine, i was able to get it home. Then about 1-2 times a week i had the same trouble i took it back to the dealer who had my HHR for a week ( just about killed me cause they gave me a Colbolt) they could not get it to repeat the issue, since then i have had it happen several more times, today my HHR goes back to the dealer for more test. Has anyone else ever had this issue so i can lead them in the right direction?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:30 PM

to the chevyhhr.net...you will love all the information that is available here. You might want to cruise through the threads here on this board. There are several wich address air conditioning issues.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to the chevyhhr.net...you will love all the information that is available here. You might want to cruise through the threads here on this board. There are several wich address air conditioning issues.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Deb you're like the Wal-Mart greeter of the forum.

My air is fine. I did experience the issue you are talking about on the rental Malibu my dealer gave me while I wa waiting for the HHR to arrive. Shut the car off and restarted it and all was well. I also had it happen to me on Mustang I owned but in that case the thermostat had died and the car was actually overheating.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:53 PM

Ac

I had the same thing hapen the first few months on trips over half an hour. It cleared up after a couple thousand miles or so.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM

Being a new owner, did you check the fuses as in the threads here for unusual electrical problems?... Not saying that is the problem, but sometimes strange things happen. Make sure the fuses and the relays are completely seated in the fuse boxes.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM

thank you for all your advise, I did take it back to the dealer again after me complaining several times they changed the power connect switch and it is colder now than when I first got the car. Hope that was a fix.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Glad you got your A/C fixed, and welcome aboard. -Dan
Old 09-25-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Deb you're like the Wal-Mart greeter of the forum.
I hope that's a good thing nfboy. Just standing at the door waiting for them to come in. to Walmart...enjoy your shopping experience.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I hope that's a good thing nfboy. Just standing at the door waiting for them to come in. to Walmart...enjoy your shopping experience.
It is Deb. Your dedication to welcoming newbies is commendable.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Well the switch did not fix my problem. again i was driving the other day and it just started blowing hot I again called the Dealer who stated that when they have something for me to drive they will look at my HHR again. this will be the 4th time the car has been in for the same reson. They are as stumped as I am.So wish me luck at another chance to fix my HHR.

Quick Reply: Air condition trouble