Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Bad Clock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Bad Clock?

Hey Y'all,

I had some clock problems and would like to know if anyone else has noticed any. I have the upgraded premium headunit with the single disk MP3.

Sometime in Sept or Oct I got in the HHR and noticed that the clock had set itself an hour ahead, I thought that was really strange and I set it back to the correct time.

I'm the kind of person who is really anal about having clocks set to the precise exact time and my clocks are always correct and match each other.

So yesterday I was driving to meet someone and they called me up asking where I was and why I was late. I looked at the clock and then the time on my phone. To my suprise the HHR clock was now 9 minutes slow. I have no idea how this happened and I'm pretty annoyed.

Anyone else notice problems with the clock?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM
jx3

No, mine keeps pretty accurate time. (6 disc radio)
Old 03-01-2007, 10:37 AM

I have the same stereo as you. Never really pay attention to the clock though. I assume it's accurate.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 AM

I have the same radio but no problems with the time.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM

1st your date set correctly?
2nd if it advanced 1 hr would it not be that the date might be wrong and it is also set of daylight savings time?
Which is to be earlier this year I think.
Just 2 thoughts.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 AM

I have all the time in the world so I don't look at mine. Truthfully.......I have noticed that since we changed from daylight savings I have lost a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM

Karen, the date is set correctly of course, if I'm anal about the clock time you know I would make sure that I set the date correctly.

When the time first jumped forward an hour I had thought about the daylight savings thing. I checked to make sure the date was right and it was. The clock jumped forward whereas it should have jumped back an hour if it was trying to automatically correct for daylight savings time.

Maybe the inner workings of my date/time are bad. Technology is a great thing when it works properly.

If I took it to the dealer to try to get this wierd happen-stance looked at I'm sure they would probably just wave me away and not do anything.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Before I got rid of my stock unit I never had any problems.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Hey Y'all,

I had some clock problems and would like to know if anyone else has noticed any. I have the upgraded premium headunit with the single disk MP3.

Sometime in Sept or Oct I got in the HHR and noticed that the clock had set itself an hour ahead, I thought that was really strange and I set it back to the correct time.

I'm the kind of person who is really anal about having clocks set to the precise exact time and my clocks are always correct and match each other.

So yesterday I was driving to meet someone and they called me up asking where I was and why I was late. I looked at the clock and then the time on my phone. To my suprise the HHR clock was now 9 minutes slow. I have no idea how this happened and I'm pretty annoyed.

Anyone else notice problems with the clock?
Calgary.....

I'm with you regarding the time issue. One of my hobbies is antique clocks and I'm completely anal when it comes to setting them, which can be a real challenge on antiques. I use an "atomic" clock for synching (my everyday watch is also regulated by the signal from the atomic clock). But heck, my oldest clock (about 135 years old) is regulated to about 2 minutes a week. You would think the state of the art digital GM uses would be more accurate.

As a side note......a number of years ago, I submitted a suggestion, with all the technicals, for GM to install the Atomic regulated clocks in Cadillacs. I even provided, what I thought was, reasoning for their marketing strategy. I was declined or turned down for an award with GM indicating it was not worthy. Several months later, I acquired a Mercedes for competetive testing purposes. It had the clock in it. Go figure.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Funny, I just turned my clock forward like 3 minutes this morning. I have the premium sound system with 6cd changer and like every 2 or 3 months I have to fix my clock also so my guess is that there's something wrong with the clock.

Quick Reply: Bad Clock?