Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Battery died and took the power steering with it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012 | 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Wait a minute, you bought a used car with NO CarFax report? Don't do that again. Do not EVER try to get useful info from any corporate 800 number! Their ONLY purpose is to sell something.

All of your problems should be able to be fixed by a competent dealer Service Dept. However, any "qualified" shop can do exactly the same job as a GM shop. My advice, since you seem to not be a mechanically inclined individual is to "seek professional help" not "some guy walking down the street help". Somebody has to pay the mechanic.
A carfax report was done. It doesn't include personal opinions of the owners. It contained useless information.
I'm not going through a sales department. I am going through the complaints department with the recall people. I have no intention to pay for these problems as my HHR is still under the purchase warranty & my Bumper 2 Bumper warranty. I also wouldn't have to pay for my problems with my HHR because the dealer says they can not find a problem. Which is BS.
Old 03-29-2012 | 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Wait a minute, you bought a used car with NO CarFax report? Don't do that again. Do not EVER try to get useful info from any corporate 800 number! Their ONLY purpose is to sell something.

All of your problems should be able to be fixed by a competent dealer Service Dept. However, any "qualified" shop can do exactly the same job as a GM shop. My advice, since you seem to not be a mechanically inclined individual is to "seek professional help" not "some guy walking down the street help". Somebody has to pay the mechanic.
Why should I pay a mechanic? Again, my lemon is STILL under warranty, (Bumper 2 Bumper) meaning that I do not have to pay a dime for ANY repairs.
I also get free oil changes & tire rotation & all that jazz for the next 2 years.
So I shouldn't have to suck it up & accept that the three dealerships (all with-in 20 miles of my home) all say there is nothing wrong with my car.
Apparently, there is A LOT wrong with my car!
Thanks to the web, I can look up & find that others in this world have had the same problems. So it isn't just me.
The dealerships are holding their own & standing firm that there is "No problem found", because that is what they do.
Delay delay, I bet if my warranty were up today & I took it in to the dealership, they would say, "Oh yes, this needs to be replaced & that needs to be tightened & this needs a new "whatever".
This is why I am mad about all this. I just want my car fixed (for free) because I have a warranty that covers all these problems.
I'm also mad that I paid an extra $1,000.00 the day I bought the HHR to have leather installed & now my airbag lights flicker on & off. I basically paid $1,000 to mess my car up even more. Like I said before, the CarFax report just had the same ole, same ole 411. Oil change this day, bought this day, sold this day & all that "blah blah" stuff.
Old 03-29-2012 | 08:30 AM

I am sorry to say this, but if your HHR didn't come with leather from the factory and you bought an aftermarket leather package then GM nor the dealer is responsible for that. You will have to go through the company that installed the leather seat covers. Typically, these companies have dealers that will push their sevices in exchange for kick backs. At the dealer I used to work at sometimes the company would come to the dealer and install the leather, sometimes the car would be taken to thier facility, which ever was faster. But GM and the dealer have no bearing on this issue, the install was not correct and they need to fix it or pay for the fix as it is a safety issue.
Old 03-30-2012 | 07:07 AM

Good info here on the leather

Originally Posted by barfan1
I am sorry to say this, but if your HHR didn't come with leather from the factory and you bought an aftermarket leather package then GM nor the dealer is responsible for that. You will have to go through the company that installed the leather seat covers. Typically, these companies have dealers that will push their sevices in exchange for kick backs. At the dealer I used to work at sometimes the company would come to the dealer and install the leather, sometimes the car would be taken to thier facility, which ever was faster. But GM and the dealer have no bearing on this issue, the install was not correct and they need to fix it or pay for the fix as it is a safety issue.
Hey,
The dealership did send my HHR off to have the leather kit put in. You think this could be the issue??
The sales guy that we dealt with (the one who sold us the lemon), kept asking me what was stopping my decision on buying the car, & I explained to him that I wanted leather seats (because of the kids). He said that they could add leather to it. So I agreed.
When he showed me my choices of leather colors. I was disappointed that there were 2 choices & that's it.

They never told me that they were sending it away to do the work though.
I paid Chevy an additional $800-$1,000 for the car to have leather.
When I picked my car up from Chevy after leather was put in.
I noticed that the plastic fixtures in backseat & front seat were missing (ones that pop on the seat bottoms so as metal won't scratch up passengers legs).
I took it back to Chevy & told them that plastic covers were missing.
Service guy (that we always deal with) told me then that they didn't do the leather there, that they sent it to their leather people. That I had to order the plastic covers (which was free) & they would call when they came in & they'd just pop um back in.

So This is very interesting to know. Do you think that I would still take this up with Leather people? I don't know who did it, but sure I could find out from dealership since it's there people!
Old 03-30-2012 | 10:47 AM
Deceased

Well you could take it up with the leather people, but since your dealer seems to be capable of doing the fix at no cost to you, I'd just let them handle it. Too many cooks spoil the food and stuff like that.
Old 04-22-2012 | 07:35 PM

I am having the same problem. PS keeps going out while driving. I have to keep #60 fuses in glove box. Im constantly have to replace the blown fuse and reset the computer at the same time... can someone plz tell me why this is happening, and how to fix it. Possibly PS motor?? of PS wire loose??
Old 04-22-2012 | 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
welcome .. are you sure that you jumped it by the book? seems that have heard some damage by improper jumping. sorry about your problem . thanks for the post , hopefully it will help remind me to be careful with my battery.
could you plase tell me why I keep blowing my 60 amp PS fuse
Old 04-26-2012 | 06:29 PM

This all sounds so familiar, and it's funny because my other car is 2010 Corvette Grand Sport convertible.

I see these same rants on the Corvette Forum. But over there they are complaining about having problems after paying 60 to 90 thousand dollars, or more.

They are afraid to take their car back to the dealer for warranty repairs because the mechanics break other things on the car, or leave the car dirty.

They don't believe the dealership give them the respect, and treat them like they bought a $14,000 Chevy Sonic.

It seems to me that those people who get the most upset are those who understand the car the least. Most problems are easily repairable if you have a knowledgeable shop to do the work.

If you have a factory warranty you are not restricted to having repairs done where you bought the car. If one dealer can't help you, take it to a different GM dealers shop. It doesn't even have to be a Chevy dealer.

The most useful advice I can give you is, never buy a used car that does not have at least 6 months of the manufacturer’s bumper to bumper warranty. It’s sad but true, but more people have been burned on a used car than on any other consumer product. The worst part is that those who least can afford the expense of car repairs are those people stuck buying in the used car marketplace.

Ed
Old 04-26-2012 | 06:36 PM
Deceased

to the forum Ed!

Very sage advice, and yes you do see the same grumping and bashing on the 'Vette forum.

When you get a chance, hop on over to "Introductions" and tell us a bit about yourself.