Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Bcm/LED

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016 | 03:31 PM

Bcm/LED

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help. Let me tell u what is going on..
I have a 2006 hhr 2.4l ltz. That I put led turn single bulbs in all 4 and the were blinking fast like theu were blown. Did some research and the company I got the bulbs from silaid I needed to put these registers inline on all four to mimick standard bulbs. I did this per instructions from the manufacturer. Started my car turned on the turn signal and my radio lights started blinking. Shut down the car. And went to one of the resistors and it was so hot I couldn't touch it.. so I removed all 4 of them. Put everything back together again as stock. Now Mt car doesn't start the cluster says airbag needs repair, reduced power to engine, and when I use the turn signal wy radio lights flash, when I use the right turn signal bother back and only the right works. When I use the left only the right front works and radio light flashes. I have checked all known and seen fuses and nothing blown. I have a new bcm to put in to my car. But want to make sure if I do I'm not going to fry it if that's the problem. Any one have any suggestions?
Old 08-05-2016 | 05:19 PM

Welcome!
I moved your thread.

Well you put the LEDs in backwards. This turned the LED s into switches that connected whatever else was on that circuit.

Did you check the fuses under the hood also? Particularly fuse #69 and relay #68. And underhood fuse #4 & #6 and the maxi fuse near the negative terminal of the battery in the trunk. Those are what should have protected the BCM.

In the circuit diagrams imagine that the light bulbs are not there, just a jumper between the wires, all of those shorts and reversed polarities can cause havoc.
Attached Thumbnails Bcm/LED-rlites1.png   Bcm/LED-rlites2.png  
Old 08-05-2016 | 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Welcome!
I moved your thread.

Well you put the LEDs in backwards. This turned the LED s into switches that connected whatever else was on that circuit.

Did you check the fuses under the hood also? Particularly fuse #69 and relay #68. And underhood fuse #4 & #6 and the maxi fuse near the negative terminal of the battery in the trunk. Those are what should have protected the BCM.

In the circuit diagrams imagine that the light bulbs are not there, just a jumper between the wires, all of those shorts and reversed polarities can cause havoc.
Thank u for ur reply.
I don't have a #6 maxi fuse in my car. Should it?
Old 08-05-2016 | 06:17 PM

According to Mitchell, yes. They have been known to be wrong, check you Owner Manual or the diagram under the cover.

Look at my sig before you say you don't have an Owner Manual.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2016 | 06:19 PM

Never knew Chevy made an HHR LTZ.
Old 08-05-2016 | 08:30 PM

Never knew Chevy made an HHR LTZ.
Yea they didn't, the dealer ship where I got it from put that emblem on it. I believe it was a standard Lt and they put a Malibu ltz emblem on it. The dealer ship I got the car from also put different rubber molding around the wheel wells and put a different size running boards on the car as well. That dealer ship is know to do that sort of thing.
Old 08-05-2016 | 08:34 PM

According to Mitchell, yes. They have been known to be wrong, check you Owner Manual or the diagram under the cover.

Look at my sig before you say you don't have an Owner Manual.
OK as for the #6 fuse. The cover to the fuse panel shows a number 6 fuse being a BCM 3 I believe. But there is no fuse there. And looking at were that is it looks as if nothing has been there terminals have no markings on them but it has power to it. I'm going to put a fuse in there and see what happens
Old 08-06-2016 | 12:55 AM

Ok so I changed all the bulbs back to standard. Put in a used bcm. Fixed two lose connection at fuse panel. The turn signals work correctly. But radio light still flashes with the turn signals, the car will not start, display says service air bag, and reduce power to engine. And it dose that with the original bcm in as well. I'm at a lost. Anyone have an idea?
Old 08-06-2016 | 03:28 AM

Ok charged battery car stared but rear lift gate dosnt work now and my remote start dosnt work but all the orginal problems are gone. Any advice
Old 08-06-2016 | 08:41 AM

The liftgate is fuse #10, relay #18 and NO fuse in fuse #7 or #11.

Do all 3 brake lights work? Are all of the high mounted bulbs working.

Is it the stock radio?

Check the BCM fuse marked "RDO". It controls the remote control box.

Can you activate the TPMS learn with the fob? Remote door locks work?

The BCM may need to be programmed, I'm not sure about that.

Remote start won't work if the center brake lights are not working or if there is a CEL, or if the hood is ajar/open.

Here is what Mitchell says about programming.
Attached Thumbnails Bcm/LED-bcmprog.png  

Quick Reply: Bcm/LED