Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

The Beautiful One shut down...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Might try resetting the fuel shut off switch...someone could have bumped the car from behind and that can shut off the fuel pump. There is an emergency fuel shut off switch and you need to reset it after any rear end collision or bump. It's the first thing I would check.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
Might try resetting the fuel shut off switch...someone could have bumped the car from behind and that can shut off the fuel pump. There is an emergency fuel shut off switch and you need to reset it after any rear end collision or bump. It's the first thing I would check.
I guess someone could`ve hit me from behind, from over the fence I was backed up against, should`ve checked that out...
The rides in the shop, they`ll figure it out, I`ll drive Turbonium I...
(Turbonium II gets released late summer).
Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Just got home, not happy.
Dealer I went to, said it started right-up when they first tried it this morning...
Told him to do a diagnostic... nothing.
Says it`s the aftermarket alarm system shuting it down, and since they (this dealer) didn`t install it, I`d have to pay for the service check, and get reinburst by the original dealer... So now I`ve got to take to my installing dealer.
Got it home ok, just told/advised not to use autostart until issues resolved.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Seems service visits are often a two step process. Took 'em two tries to diagnose and repair that leaking thermostat housing on mine when brand new.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 PM

I had that aftermarket issue with my grand-am until i disconnected the box. tossed it into the trash 3 days later..

Ran like a top again after that.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:39 AM

I think this aftermarket unit costed about $300.00, not tossing, it`s the warrantiers problem now.(well mine to I guess)
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Certainly not, but it put some more fire under the S/S pot
B/B, does this mean you are looking at an SS too?? I saw your member icon change to the SS.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Sounds like what mine did before I could drive it off the lot. It ended up being the Oxygen sensor.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by BlueJackets
Sounds like what mine did before I could drive it off the lot. It ended up being the Oxygen sensor.
Welcome to the Club!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Just got home, not happy.
Dealer I went to, said it started right-up when they first tried it this morning...
Told him to do a diagnostic... nothing.
Says it`s the aftermarket alarm system shuting it down, and since they (this dealer) didn`t install it, I`d have to pay for the service check, and get reinburst by the original dealer... So now I`ve got to take to my installing dealer.
Got it home ok, just told/advised not to use autostart until issues resolved.
Oh nooo...my Blazer did the exact same thing and I wound up trading it in because the "installer" of the alarm system completely fubar'd the wiring harness and BCM. Chevrolet wouldn't cover it because the modification voided the warranty on those parts, and the installer wouldn't cover it because it never had a problem when they were trying to diagnose it.

Lesson learned. Don't screw around with anything related to factory security or the ignition system. Better off with a lower insurance deductible and unlocked doors at that point.

Quick Reply: The Beautiful One shut down...?