Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Breaking News! One of my HHR's actually broke.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Deceased

Arrow Breaking News! One of my HHR's actually broke.

Well it been nearly a year since any of my HHR's has suffered a failure, but one of them just spent the day in the shop.

I'd been having the occasional intermittent "No XM Signal" display on the Paddy-Wagon's head unit for the last two weeks, well yesterday that's all I got. So out came the scan tool last night, along with the service manuals.

Paddy had a B1259 code stored, which in HHR-ese means an "Antenna Ground Fault". So this morning I called the dealer with what I'd found and they said "bring it right over Sir".

After confirming the code and taking things apart to get to the antenna's connector(a bit of a PITA), the tech confirmed that my antenna was as dead as a doornail.

Now here's the difference between a dealer and an Extraordinary Dealer. I was given a Cadillac CTS courtesy car while the parts department had a new antenna brought up from South Carolina via courier so I didn't have to wait for the part to come from GM.

From the initial check in to the moment I got Paddy's keys back took five hours, the bill was only $286 for the parts and labor.

So I'm a happy camper, and I'd like to give a big thumbs up as usual to Ben Mynatt Chevrolet/Cadillac in Concord NC.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Wow
Great service story. Only 5 hours to repair and you got a nice loaner car
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 PM

Speaking as a courier, I wish dealers would treat these things as AOG (Aircraft On Ground). You are only 50-60 miles from SC, somebody paid around $120 for delivery, the driver got maybe half that. More likely, they have a sister dealership with a parts shuttle that got timed right. Good deal anyway.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM

Glad you had a great experience ..... I will say that out of anyone to need repairs it happend to the right guy as you pretty much know the HHR inside

and out so remidies are not an issue ..... Alot of us don't know which way to turn .....
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM

Good to hear that you had a good experience getting it in and out of the dealer. Impressions of the CTS? I love those things. Far different than an HHR, but a nice ride nonetheless.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM

I remember good ol' Ben Mynatt Chevy. Used to be right next to the fairgrounds. Off Hwy 29 (?). Still there?

I lived in Concord for 10 years of Hwy 73.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by JAXFL_SS
I remember good ol' Ben Mynatt Chevy. Used to be right next to the fairgrounds. Off Hwy 29 (?). Still there?

I lived in Concord for 10 years of Hwy 73.
Its still there, but everything else has changed. The dealership has grown to about three times its old size, and everything is built up now.

I'll have to grab some shots the next time I head that way, cool to hear you lived in Concord, we were distant neighbors once.

Actually donbrew, the courier came up from H&H Chevrolet in Kershaw SC. Its about a 90 minute one way drive if traffic cooperates, whether that's the only job he holds and what he's paid, can't tell you.

The CTS was nice and pleasant to drive for the 30 miles I put on it Blue_SS. Being a leftover 2011 base model Sport Sedan it only had the 270hp 3.0 V-6 so it wasn't terribly punchy off the line, but it was Cadillac smooth.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Rest In Peace

Oh come on dude, your HHR had a breakdown!

You KNOW the rules, your supposed to then start a "I Hate GM" " HHR's all suck" "I Hate Chevy" "The last GM car I will ever buy" type thread.

Get with the, it breaks, bash it program will ya.

Glad you got it fixed.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Oh come on dude, your HHR had a breakdown!

You KNOW the rules, your supposed to then start a "I Hate GM" " HHR's all suck" "I Hate Chevy" "The last GM car I will ever buy" type thread.

Get with the, it breaks, bash it program will ya.

Glad you got it fixed.

Me bash? Never!

Even when I had a catastrophic engine failure in a Cessna 172, which caused me to land in a soybean field(much to the surprise of the farmer and his family), the strongest word I used was "Crap".

If something breaks, you figure out what it is and fix it, or you have it fixed.

But to keep from breaking the rules, here I go...

My HHR was a doody poo poo head, it broke and made me cry, the coffee at the dealership was too tasty and the courtesy car was too nice.

Sorry A&P, I'll just take a failing grade in Bashing 101.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by 843de

I'll just take a failing grade in HHR Bashing 101.
I could get a Solid "B" in that coarse .....

Quick Reply: Breaking News! One of my HHR's actually broke.