Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Confused..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 AM

Confused..

I hate to post again... but being new to the whole "car with a warranty" scene - I'm a little slow.

If there's a TSB out for the HHR and I notice that issue with my HHR - can I bring it in to the Chevy dealer and expect them to take care of the issue? Since I can't print out the TSB, but can get the # off that website - do I just bring that # in with me?
..I'm not a pushy person...

*Like the sandblasting on the rear fender guards - (I plan on getting mud flaps- no running boards)
*Arm rests

Where can I get those 3M clear paint shields for the rear fender guard area? Are these a part you can just order - or do I need to find a decal place to make them?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
jx3

Most dealers will take of the TSB issues, esp. if you are armed with the numbers.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Check 3M website. Don't know if they sell these direct or if you have to buy from a shop but they do sell them for certain makes as far as applications. The TSB's take them in. Most will do the work, though some will give you a hard time.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Snowdogs
*Like the sandblasting on the rear fender guards - (I plan on getting mud flaps- no running boards)
I'm not sure your dealer will do anything unless you choose to have running boards installed, as mud flaps alone will not cure the problem. When the HHR's front wheels are turned is when rocks and debris are kicked up most, causing the sandblasing problem. Mud flaps will only stop a small percentage of debris when the wheels are perfectly straight.

Hope it helps,
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM

Like you, I'm not a pushy person. I had the air conditioner growl problem, and had the TSB number. I wasn't sure if I should use it or not, fearing the dealer would think I didn't have confidence in their ability to fix my car and would be insulted. I gave them the TSB because I wanted my car fixed, and fixed the first time. They were happy I had the TSB number saying it made their job quicker. Since then, I don't have any problem taking a TSB number with me to the dealer. As far as the mud flaps, they won't stop the sandblasting problem. If you don't like the look of the running boards, or don't want to spend the money, that's your choice, which is fine (they look great without boards), just know the flaps won't fix the problem. It is also my understanding the dealer will only repair the damage once, and that's it. Good luck to you.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 AM

I took my my HHR in last week for 4 TSB items. I had printed off a document with the 4 TSB numbers and a description of each of the problems.

I was concerned that I might come across as not having faith in their service department, but I've been dealing with this particular dealership for about 10 years, so they know me - I keep coming back until it's fixed .

The service advisor was appreciative of me having the info and left my printout on the front seat so that the technicians could use it for reference. Made their job a lot easier.

They could not reproduce one of the issues, but 3 out of 4 TSBs fixed in a single visit (well 2 visits when the parts come in) is pretty good in my books.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:35 PM

whats that website for the tsb numbrs?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by RICANBABY
whats that website for the tsb numbrs?
Check the first sticky thread in this forum area. It's on the 2nd to last page.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM

Remember to stick at them until the problem is fixed. Its been months since we had a bad injector replaced, took a month to get that while they had us driving around on 3 cylinders, and we're still waiting to get the engine tuned. This 9.8km per 100 liters (24MPG) at $1.08 a liter (roughly $3.64 US per US gallon) has us jealous of our daughter's 91 dodge shadow.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by poeg
This 9.8km per 100 liters (24MPG) at $1.08 a liter (roughly $3.64 US per US gallon) has us jealous of our daughter's 91 dodge shadow.
I hope you're getting more than 9.8 km out of 100 litres of gas j/k

How many KM do you get between fillups? We are getting about 575 km a tank in and around the city now that the engine is broken in.

Quick Reply: Confused..