Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Creaking Sound Heard After Starting To Drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Creaking Sound Heard After Starting To Drive

Well, my HHR has been experiencing a very weird issue for the past few months now in which after it has been sitting for a while (whether overnight or an hour), within 30 seconds of driving off there is a creaking sound lasting 1-2 seconds coming from the passenger side. This sound only happens once and then you never hear it again until it's been parked for a while and you begin to drive all over again.

I may be a little be skeptical so I thought I'd run it by you: I took the HHR into my local dealer to take care of some minor warranty issues (seatbelt stop button replacement, armrests replacement, unglued headliner velcro, rattle in the front driver's side and this creaking sound) and they seem to have addressed everything except for the creaking sound (and the headliner). The service associate told me that the creaking sound was the ABS sensor kicking in and it's "normal".

Have any of you experienced this sound before and/or know what it is? Their explanation doesn't really sound legitimate to me as being normal (though I may be mistaken), especially since when I first owned the HHR it didn't make that sound. At this point I think I've lost confidence in my local dealer and I don't want to take my HHR back to them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM

Nobody has ever experienced this sound? I guess it can't be all that normal then. It's weird that nobody has heard of this before.