Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Cylinder Head replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Cylinder Head replacement

I posted on this forum recently about the ODB light and the problems I was having getting it taken care of. After taking the vehicle back a second time within two days, the service department calls telling me that there is still a problem. The solution: replace the cylinder head. This vehicle was bought new in 2009, has about 46,000 miles on it. I am beginning to wonder now what else is going to go wrong. The service department said that this is not something that there has been much trouble with. How about it? Has anyone had or heard of such problems with this? It is a 2009 HHR LT with a 2.2 engine. I am going to do my best to trade this thing in. I am also going to raise a lot of cain with GM over this. I bought the vehicle in good faith that it would be a good car and now once it has a few miles on it I have something fairly major like this happen. I am not happy with GM right now.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:55 AM

The dealership is most likely correct.There haven't been many problems with the major mechanical pieces of the Ecotec engines.Your car just happens to be one with a problem.Bad luck?Yes.Danger sign of a lemon?Doubt it.Don't forget,this repair is covered under the 5/100 powertrain warranty and the dealership will have a loaner for you while your car is being repaired.
I wouldn't trade it in based solely on this incident.Has the car been a problem since you took delivery?If not,chalk this up to a random incident of bad luck.Unfortunate yes,but things do happen.If the car has been a constant problem then by all means trade it in.