Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Displaying Date on Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:26 PM

Displaying Date on Radio

Just got my my 2LT HHR and so far so good. I have a question that the dealer can't answer. I have the 6 disc cd radio which I was able to set the date and time with no problem. My question is how or when does the date display other then when you set it? The time is always there but not the date. Why would the date be programed in if it won't display?
Thanks for any help in this matter, MIKE.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:17 PM

I've got the battery unplugged on mine right now, trying to install radio controls on steering wheel. When I reset time and date, I'll check it out for you and report back.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:24 PM

Displaying the Date

Originally Posted by Motormike
Just got my my 2LT HHR and so far so good. I have a question that the dealer can't answer. I have the 6 disc cd radio which I was able to set the date and time with no problem. My question is how or when does the date display other then when you set it? The time is always there but not the date. Why would the date be programed in if it won't display?
Thanks for any help in this matter, MIKE.
Well on mine (dont have the 6-disk changer) you can hit the clock button on the radio pannel (like you are going to set the time) and it will show the date. Not sure if that helps or not but I have not found another way to display the date as of now..
Old 07-10-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
Well on mine (dont have the 6-disk changer) you can hit the clock button on the radio pannel (like you are going to set the time) and it will show the date. Not sure if that helps or not but I have not found another way to display the date as of now..
A near as I can tell that's the only way to see the date. I thought it was strange that you could set the date but not see it.!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:50 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
No diff w/ the 6 disc changer. That's the only way I've been able to see the date also. WHAT A PITA!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
No diff w/ the 6 disc changer. That's the only way I've been able to see the date also. WHAT A PITA!!
Ditto...same thing here.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 AM

i think the date needs to be programmed in the radio for the XM? I may be wrong. I dunno why it just dont display the date and time normally. Prob somtheing they will do on the 07. It seems like a lot of our ideas and concerns are being taken into account. I even heard that new window controls are in the works. Hmmm i think we got a spy for GM here.. LMAO!!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:04 PM

I think the date has to do with daylight savings time, did anyone else's automatically change on Oct 31st?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by jaysz2893
i think the date needs to be programmed in the radio for the XM? I may be wrong. I dunno why it just dont display the date and time normally. Prob somtheing they will do on the 07. It seems like a lot of our ideas and concerns are being taken into account. I even heard that new window controls are in the works. Hmmm i think we got a spy for GM here.. LMAO!!
Hey, another Camaro owner!

If a GM spy was here, a Suburban SS would be in the works and the HHR SS would of came out last year.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by jeromey77
I think the date has to do with daylight savings time, did anyone else's automatically change on Oct 31st?
Are you saying yours adjusted automatically back to standard time ?
Mine didn't

Quick Reply: Displaying Date on Radio