Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?

The bowtie for the beauty bar came in a few days ago.....This was their 2nd attempt to make it right as the original had terrible water spots and they installed the replacement upside down

Well they said I could stop by any night and they would put it on for me...I decided to do it tonight...when I got it back they put it on the right this time...however I now have some scratches and scrapes on the beauty bar...and because they put the last one on upside down there is some leftover residue (adhesive) around the edges of the tie...AND not sure but I think there might be a small scratch or scrape on the bumper

They aren't huge marks on the beauty bar but noticeable......for sure were not there before the tech who I guess doesn't give a crap on watching what he is doing got his hands on it

Do I have a case with the dealer for a new beauty bar? Or wil they say with 37K on the car tough?

CM? How would you handle it...seriously....think I have any ground to stand on or have any chance of getting a new bar? Or is that the price you pay for getting warranty work done?

No marks at all on the last bowtie change....this time

Goose
Old 08-14-2008, 07:53 PM

What an ordeal that beauty bar issue has been for you. I hope it is resolved in your favor.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 PM

Yeah...wish some things were simple as in replace the thing right the first time and take care in doing it...guess that is asking too much lol

Goose
Old 08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

I'd let it go. The car has 37k miles on it and probably wasn't worth the trouble to begin with. You can spend your time hounding the SM over a couple scratches that no one will ever notice or think about all the scratches on your car and the better things you can do with your time.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 AM

I hear what you are saying but believe it or not in 37k there are pretty much no scratches or dings on the car until now

Sort of ticks me off that's all.

I guess that is what the service survey is for

Goose

Last edited by Goose; 08-15-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 AM

I always take pics before I go to the dealership. That way they can't slide out of anything. My boy that sold me the HHR SS knows this and tells the techs to be careful right from the start. CYA is not just a saying.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM

You know...the more I thought about it...why should I let it go? I mean I'm not going to hound the SM and demand that this be absolutely fixed but why should I bring my vehicle in for a warranty item repair and receive it back with the area around the repair damaged due to some jamoke being sloppy and lazy and taking no pride in any work that he does??

True, it is only a few scratches and probably I'll be the only one who notices them but should I have to even notice them knowing that due to his sloppiness the bar is now of a lesser quality when I brought it in? maybe the principle is actually outweighing the damage but so be it.

I let them have it pretty good in the online satisfaction survey I was sent. I balanced praise where I thought it was warranted but also let GM know that I was not happy at all with the sloppiness of the tech who did the work. Besides marking up the beauty bar he failed to clean the old adhesive from where the upside down tie was installed. Again not doing a complete job.

Car runs fine and damn well gets near 33-35 mpg so I can't complain there..just peeved about markings that were not there before. What befuddles me is they were able to change it out before with no issues..this time not the case

I'm thinking it might make it back to the dealer as I remember before marking one thing off on a Saturn survey and having the SM holding the survey in his hand the next time I was in for something

Not sure if Chevy takes these surveys seriously or they just Sh** can the critical ones?

Goose
Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Goose
I'm thinking it might make it back to the dealer as I remember before marking one thing off on a Saturn survey and having the SM holding the survey in his hand the next time I was in for something

Not sure if Chevy takes these surveys seriously or they just Sh** can the critical ones?Goose
Believe me the GM and the DEALER takes them seriously. As I have stated before, dealers with low scores miss out on up to $500,000 in bonus money per year. Yes that is ONE HALF MILLION dollars.

Yes we get copies of all surveys unless you check the box stating you don't want to reveal your name.

Yes, dealers get pissed off at the customer when they get a bad survey from them, even though they should be pissed at themselves or their employee that caused the customer to be dissatisified.

As far as the scratches go. Obviously the tech that scratched your HHR is a hack and if he is the same one that put the bowtie on wrong, he needs to find another line of work. Perhaps picking trash up on the highways would be a new direction for him. I would terminate him, because I feel that most likely all his work is of this poor quality.

What I would do for you is replace the scratched beauty bar if that is what it would take to make you happy.

Question: Were you under the 3/36 warranty when the original repair was done? I noticed you stated you have 37K.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:04 PM

Yep...I brought it in with about 200 miles under the wire

I drive 100 miles per day so the miles add up quick....I do recall the first SW commenting on how clean my HHR looked with that many miles on it so I do try to take care of my vehicles the best I can

I wonder if they will call me

Goose
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Goose
I wonder if they will call me
Have you called them or taken your HHR by for them to see the damage?

When did you do the survey?

Quick Reply: Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?