Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:04 PM

They do take survey responses seriously. My survey on the buying experience on my HHR last yr I marked a couple questions 4 instead of 5, I think 4 was mostly satisfied whereas 5 was completely satisfied. My Salesman called to ask me what i was dissatisfied about with the job he did. I said nothing. He said he got an "F" on the survey because I didn't mark 5's for everything. I told him I was sorry but I'm one of those survey markers that rarely grades straight 5's or 10's accross the board, and offered to write a letter on his behalf to dealership mgt or Chevy Regional. He said not to worry about it, he wasn't upset or anything.

So yeah, the survey's are watched.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Ourisman Chevy in Rockville MD. must be different. I purchased my HHR on a Sunday in the rain and as the deal was finally coming to an end they just had to wash the car ( I asked why, it's raining and they said some bs about doing all of them ) anyways they park it to the left of the exit door and I didn't notice the scratched up front air dam (hard to see ) the right front rim (real easy to see ) and the cut up tire til Monday afternoon..... called the dealer about it which I knew was a waste of time but I did tell'em that they had a employee that just cost them a second HHR sale.......seems my wife really likes 'em and she gonna NOW get hers from Criswell in Gaithersburg, MD. Survey????? do I really need to tell ya....didn't think so...... Half butt Ourisman didn't even call and to beat all they tranferred my multi purpose vehicle tags on to it and had it registered as a four door sedan......said ALL of the HHRs are cars...........web site lists them both ways and Maryland MVA said "Yep....cars". I know someone here in MD has it as a truck..... Go figure.
It's all bs..... just try to keep the stink all the same.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:41 PM

I haven't called them...I didn't notice it until I got home and I was so ticked off I really didn't feel like dealing with them again for a 4th time in a few weeks. I filled out the survey today..

I do know when I mentioned the thing about the condenser protector you had mentioned in another thread he got a real dumb look on his face like "what are you talking about" When I asked him to look up the TSB the system magically when down

It isn't a huge bunch of marks..one looks like a scrape but that one has me a bit concerned..maybe a tiny hack that I think may bubble up in a bit...if they are mad at me so be it...like you said, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the tech had a tinsy bit of pride in his work and cared about what he was doing.

Goose
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Goose don't feel bad, my selling dealer refused to install the $25 condensor protector. Said I had to have a condensor failure first from damage, because the TSB says so. Which speaks volumes about their lack of customer service.

I have posted about having a good relationship with my local chevy dealer service dept., and I do: my selling dealer is not local, they're in a neighboring town-- I now have all my service done at an in-town dealer that I used to have do service on my Vette. I do have a good relationship with their service dept., at least for now. I didn't buy my HHR there but they treat me better than my selling dealer has. Maybe, though, because I used to do business there prior.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Big problem for GM is why don't all service and sales treat every customer with respect. There shouldn't even be a question about being a regular client. Good sevice to everyone is good business to all involved. STUPID stuff. A client is a client "PERIOD".
Old 08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
Big problem for GM is why don't all service and sales treat every customer with respect. There shouldn't even be a question about being a regular client. Good sevice to everyone is good business to all involved. STUPID stuff. A client is a client "PERIOD".
Why don't all Target personell treat me the same at all their stores. Why can't I get help at a Home Depot, much less acknowledgement that I am a live person standing there? Why does no one help me when I go to DSW shoes and need an odd size of shoe? Why did the guy at Jack in the box bang my mirror when he flung the window open at the drive through and then laugh about it (I think he was the manager)? Why does the grocery store have 25 check out lanes and only 5 people to check you out on a Friday at 6:00pm when the store is packed? Why did my waitress bring my fish out today at lunch that wasn't blackened like I asked & when I stated to her that I ordered blackened she replied "Oh you want to order blackened fish". No I ordered blackened fish. So she says "Oh you want me to take back and have it blackened". Of course to forego the hocked up lugie in my food I declined and ate what she brought.

I could go on and on....Face it people it's not the businesses themselves it's the people working there and the WAY THOSE PEOPLE WERE RAISED! If your not taught respect then you don't know how to give it, no matter what business you work in.

So everyone can whine about dealership salesmen and their lack of customer skills but this is a nationwide problem that's only going to get worse.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Why don't all Target personell treat me the same at all their stores. Why can't I get help at a Home Depot, much less acknowledgement that I am a live person standing there? Why does no one help me when I go to DSW shoes and need an odd size of shoe? Why did the guy at Jack in the box bang my mirror when he flung the window open at the drive through and then laugh about it (I think he was the manager)? Why does the grocery store have 25 check out lanes and only 5 people to check you out on a Friday at 6:00pm when the store is packed? Why did my waitress bring my fish out today at lunch that wasn't blackened like I asked & when I stated to her that I ordered blackened she replied "Oh you want to order blackened fish". No I ordered blackened fish. So she says "Oh you want me to take back and have it blackened". Of course to forego the hocked up lugie in my food I declined and ate what she brought.

I could go on and on....Face it people it's not the businesses themselves it's the people working there and the WAY THOSE PEOPLE WERE RAISED! If your not taught respect then you don't know how to give it, no matter what business you work in.

So everyone can whine about dealership salesmen and their lack of customer skills but this is a nationwide problem that's only going to get worse.
Very Well put chevymgr.........
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Ditto....ChevyMgr !!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Why did my waitress bring my fish out today at lunch that wasn't blackened like I asked & when I stated to her that I ordered blackened she replied "Oh you want to order blackened fish". No I ordered blackened fish. So she says "Oh you want me to take back and have it blackened". Of course to forego the hocked up lugie in my food I declined and ate what she brought.
It was probably tilapia anyway!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 PM

ChevyMgr, you do have an honest gripe about the state of society and an ever growing lack of respect and I agree with you on most parts.

That being said, a business should uphold themselves to a certain level of practice. The conduct of the front line staff should be established from the top down because that's how the business will be judged. A business like Wal-mart or McDonalds is different from a Chevy dealership. When you go to Wal-mart or McDonalds to spend a few bucks on the items that you need in order to survive (for the most part.) When you go to a dealership you do so to make a large scale purchase which, for most folks, is probably about a years worth of work and earnings. These big purchase items should come with a more respectable environment and treatment of individuals. I don't care if the guy getting my burger can't spell burger or says "hey, what's up?" to me because I'm just going in and out for a quick bite. If the guy I'm about to fork over $30,000 to for the purchase of a new car can't spell HHR than I'm going to probably rethink my decision on the dealership and maybe on GM altogether. Like most things in life, first impressions are very important and I think it's crucial for the front line operations to shine in order to build a certain level of confidence in a customer because really that's where you either bring them in or lose them. Once they are in the door you can sell them something, if they don't come in the door then you're SOL.

Quick Reply: Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?