Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Do I have a gripe with the Service Dept? Chevy Mngr?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeffs396
It was probably tilapia anyway!
Yes, the amazing poop eating fish!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
A business like Wal-mart or McDonalds is different from a Chevy dealership. When you go to Wal-mart or McDonalds to spend a few bucks on the items that you need in order to survive (for the most part.) When you go to a dealership you do so to make a large scale purchase which, for most folks, is probably about a years worth of work and earnings.
For food and households supplies we spend well over $600/month (may be a modest estimate) in Target and Home Depot alone to take care of a family of 4 & a mother-in-law. That's $7200 per year and that's $36,000 over 5 years. About the same as a 5 year purchase on an automobile, so my money spent there is just as important, and so their service should be as good or better than a persons expectatons of an auto dealership experience.

I work at a dealership so I don't have car buying problems. I know what I am going to pay so I walk in I sign my contract, I say no everything else (gap, warranties, bs, etc...) I walk out. Five minutes of my time and then I'm back to work.

I am done ranting, just getting tired of reading about how dealership personell suck soooo bad. I am not trying to start anything with any of you so no offense meant. But, I'm done with this thread. Rant Over.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

People in general just don't want to have to deal with any kind of inconvenience these days, and they get off on thinking that they're better than others. Even when I worked for Sears I'd be nothing but nice to people and get my nose shoved in the poo almost every other customer. Same thing when I was selling cars. I'd tell people up front that we didn't sell frame or flood damaged vehicles, I made the same money no matter which car they bought, and I'd try to steer people towards the cars they told me they wanted to look at, but I was still the bad guy.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 PM

You are so right ChevyMgr !! It's the ALL ABOUT ME & it's not my fault state of society that got it all wrong. There are still some good workers out there but for the most part it's sorry about your luck pal or the one that I just want to B----h slap when they say {ME BAD} Yes you are you S--t Head!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Founding Member

So Goose,

What was the outcome of this? Did you ever take it back to them?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Believe me the GM and the DEALER takes them seriously.
Oh, you bet they do. And I ALWAYS check the name sharing box. Why not? You are letting GM know that a dealer's service may not be what it should be. In this day and age, everyone should take everything seriously.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 AM

I took my 08 2LT HHR in for service SPOTLESS. I complained about a small leak in the sun roof and they found nothing wrong.

I went to pick the car up and it had severe water spots all over the vehicle.

I was PISSED that they gave it back to me like this. Went to see my salesman but he was out to lunch.

If I take it in CLEAN-----I expect it back the same way!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Sorry I lost track of this thread..I actually heard from Chevy as they left me a voice mail but I have not heard from the dealer (MacMulkin in Nashua)....I'm not sure if I want them touching my car again...what are the odds they will just give me a new beauty bar and I'll install myself? Probably nil eh?

Have not called Chevy back as of yet.....sort of surprised nothong from the dealer yet except for the canned messages of thank you blah, blah, blah from the Service Manager and to let him know if I was not 100% satisfied...I think GM would have let him know by now?

Goose
Old 09-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by TopWop
I took my 08 2LT HHR in for service SPOTLESS. I complained about a small leak in the sun roof and they found nothing wrong.

I went to pick the car up and it had severe water spots all over the vehicle.

I was PISSED that they gave it back to me like this. Went to see my salesman but he was out to lunch.

If I take it in CLEAN-----I expect it back the same way!
Oh you would love what a local dealer did with my white Corvette a few yers ago. In for a trans repair that they would need it a week. Road construction going on on the highway right there, lot of concrete sawing going on, concrete dust and other dust. I confirm with them they're going to keep it inside, they agree. It rains while the car is there. I drive by after the rain the next day to see it sitting there in the sun (rain was prev day) all the accumulated crap on the paint got rained on and now being baked on. I about had a hissy fit to myself, but played it polite with them since they were still waiting on a part and the work had not even been commenced yet and I didn't want ill will in the air and then have the car at their mercy during the work.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 PM

So how did you handle it?

Goose