Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Door Lock Actuator Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 AM

Door Lock Actuator Help

One of my doors, the passenger side door, is acting up. Sometimes, the door will not latch proper and when I lock doors, that door does not lock!!!!

Had a dealership, diagonose problem, they claim the door lock actuator is bad!! Unfornately, I am at 42,000+ miles, so warranty wise, technically gone.

They quoted me something like $277, plus labor I believe, for the item, they did not have part, currently in. I am suppose to follow-up with them. The weekend they were unable to discuss options, tech claimed they may be able to get some of covered by warranty, but was not real sure, talke to Mgr, blah, blah.

Sounds pretty pricey.

Does anyone, now how to get GM part number, to check online suppliers on potential costs of this part or any other thoughts!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Markiemark
One of my doors, the passenger side door, is acting up. Sometimes, the door will not latch proper and when I lock doors, that door does not lock!!!!

Had a dealership, diagonose problem, they claim the door lock actuator is bad!! Unfornately, I am at 42,000+ miles, so warranty wise, technically gone.

They quoted me something like $277, plus labor I believe, for the item, they did not have part, currently in. I am suppose to follow-up with them. The weekend they were unable to discuss options, tech claimed they may be able to get some of covered by warranty, but was not real sure, talke to Mgr, blah, blah.

Sounds pretty pricey.

Does anyone, now how to get GM part number, to check online suppliers on potential costs of this part or any other thoughts!

Thanks,
Mark

If you don't have the mechanical skills to pull the door panel and try to see if you can figure out what is wrong perhaps you can enlist the help of a friend who does. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so to do this and at least you will know exactly what you are dealing with. The $277 + labor sounds pretty steep to me. It could just be a linkage problem or something loose.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by hhrmajesty
If you don't have the mechanical skills to pull the door panel and try to see if you can figure out what is wrong perhaps you can enlist the help of a friend who does. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so to do this and at least you will know exactly what you are dealing with. The $277 + labor sounds pretty steep to me. It could just be a linkage problem or something loose.
I do plan on pulling the door panel, unfornately with other obligations, was going to see if the dealership, could of fixed in timely & reasonable fashion. Trust me I was hoping for a quick fix. From the symptoms, I don't believe it is a linkage problem, but.............

Still was wondering from the vast knowledge here, of potential outlets of getting a door lock actuator, checking price, availability, etc... Orginal question?? Part or site with potential part???

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM

I've had pretty good luck getting my dealer's parts guys to give me part numbers. Once you have that try a few sites like gmpartsdirect.com. Most stuff I've gotten from them has been 20%+ cheaper.