Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Doors rubbing against body

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:19 PM

My driver's door started rubbing in one spot about 4 months after I took delivery.Odd,that.I'll get it remedied along with other minor stuff(the gate emblem)soon.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:37 AM

Was the door rubbing also asociated with a squeek or squeal ajust after the door closed. Thats what I have and my GM Deal said its the door rubbing. Its going to an autobody shop next week.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM

Add me to the list on this one. After reading this thread I went and looked and I have wear down to the ELPO primer in a few spots on both front doors. Went to the dealer body shop and the manager (and I) think it is due to the front edge of the rear door when spot welded curls a bit. He said (and I agree) that adjusting the latch may cause wind noise as right now the 2 doors are level with each other. I am going back next week and he is going to try and "curl" the front edge of the rear door inward to give some clearance without breaking the paint. I will post back when it is done........
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Fixed

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Add me to the list on this one. After reading this thread I went and looked and I have wear down to the ELPO primer in a few spots on both front doors. Went to the dealer body shop and the manager (and I) think it is due to the front edge of the rear door when spot welded curls a bit. He said (and I agree) that adjusting the latch may cause wind noise as right now the 2 doors are level with each other. I am going back next week and he is going to try and "curl" the front edge of the rear door inward to give some clearance without breaking the paint. I will post back when it is done........

When they fixed mine I waited in the lobby for two hours while they took it to the body shop.

I am not sure what they did but it is fixed...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by R60us
When they fixed mine I waited in the lobby for two hours while they took it to the body shop.

BFH!

Big F%$^in Hammer
Old 04-18-2009, 01:49 AM

I had this too, touched it up and hasnt returned yet.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by R60us

I saw a bodyman put a specific sized socket on one of the hinge bolts and then slowly push the door closed. This moved the shell of the door. First time I saw one done, I didn't believe it would do the job, but it did. I didn't get a look at which bolt or what socket he used and I don't believe this is the recommended method by GM but it worked.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 AM

door adjustment

I had my '09 panel in the dealership to line up the rear door body line with the rear panel ( pass.side ) . They had to adjust front fender , front door, and then the rear door . They did an excellent job . I have had a wind noise that they cannot find the source of . Last friday they opened up a case # . The noise starts at about 35 miles and if I flip the rear of sunroof it dies somewhat . We have removed crossrail , still no difference . They are checking with GM for guidence , very perplexing situation since I just goy a settlement from them on my '06 for water leaks . Here we go again !!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Had the same thing on my 08 Panel. Took it back once for gouging up the running board, once for misalignment after fixing the running board and once for rubbing on the front fender. All on the drivers side. Seems OK now - finally!