Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Extended Warranty

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. I have a 2008 LS HHR. We purchased the extended warranty and I for the life of me can't remember how long that is covered for. The car was at the Chevy dealer for a good week because they replaces almost every part on the transmission, they claimed I had a brand new car thats how much they replaced. The problem was that my car was was accelerating off and on going between 30mph-50mph. They fixed it finally and it took them awhile to fix it.

Now, a lil over a month later I have another problem. There is this rattle and it sounds like it's coming from up underneath the car towards the front. I only hear it when I'm going slow over bumpy roads (which are everywhere in Indiana so there is no avoiding). When I'm going faster then lets say maybe 45 I don't hear it. But when I'm stuck in traffic or something and just want to chill with no music on it's so annoying. Can't a girl drive in peace? Wrong! I was doing some reading and some people mentioned it could be sway bar links. Would this be covered under warranty if this is it?

Also, while I'm here can you all recommend a nice hood cover? I recently got dinged on my hood when driving down the interstate, a rock flew off the back of somebodies truck and there is a good size scratch right through the paint. I would like to avoid more.

Thanks in advance, sorry for such a long post.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Deceased

to the forum remharri!

Here's a link to read on the clunking/noise issue you're having and the best solutions found by the folks here, whether it would be covered by your extended warranty is something your dealer can answer best.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...=swaybar+links

Here's a link to a review/thoughts on the Colgan bra/hood protector for you, they can save you from damage, but you need to use them carefully to prevent paint damage from the cover itself.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=bras
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the links! I will have my dad crawl up underneath it this weekend to see what he can shake around. Otherwise, it's going to the dealer on Monday.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Front end bra. Colgan is the bra on the market. Fit is perfect

Originally Posted by remharri
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. I have a 2008 LS HHR. We purchased the extended warranty and I for the life of me can't remember how long that is covered for. The car was at the Chevy dealer for a good week because they replaces almost every part on the transmission, they claimed I had a brand new car thats how much they replaced. The problem was that my car was was accelerating off and on going between 30mph-50mph. They fixed it finally and it took them awhile to fix it.

Now, a lil over a month later I have another problem. There is this rattle and it sounds like it's coming from up underneath the car towards the front. I only hear it when I'm going slow over bumpy roads (which are everywhere in Indiana so there is no avoiding). When I'm going faster then lets say maybe 45 I don't hear it. But when I'm stuck in traffic or something and just want to chill with no music on it's so annoying. Can't a girl drive in peace? Wrong! I was doing some reading and some people mentioned it could be sway bar links. Would this be covered under warranty if this is it?

Also, while I'm here can you all recommend a nice hood cover? I recently got dinged on my hood when driving down the interstate, a rock flew off the back of somebodies truck and there is a good size scratch right through the paint. I would like to avoid more.

Thanks in advance, sorry for such a long post.
Colgan is by far the best bra on the market. Fit is perfect. I have one on each of my HHR's and I could not be happier. ekotecki@aol.com
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Just have the clear 3M film put over the front of the hood. Once it's there, no work needed. I just called a bodyshop I have worked with in the past they took care of it for $200.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 PM

Dear remharri,

In regards to the extended warranty information that you are seeking… Do you know the name of the company that holds the warranty? If you don't remember their name or have the paperwork, I recommend contacting the dealership that you purchased the extended warranty from for specific warranty coverage information.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Thanks again for the responses. I will look into that bra Colgan bra you mentioned. My dad has a real nice one on his Corvette. I kind of like them, but hear it can mess up your paint.

I got the extended warranty through Chevy when I bought my car. I bought it brand new.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Deceased

Front end bras can damage the paint if not removed periodically so that the paint underneath can be cleaned and waxed. I've seen vehicles with mold growing on the paint when the bra was removed. Just follow the care instructions from the bra manufacturer and you'll avoid any accidental damage to the finish.