Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fog light question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:31 PM

Fog light question

I don't want to repeat a question but I looked at all the previous posts I could find and didn't see the answer.

I installed some factory fogs on my '07 panel and many thanks to all the info I got from this forum..!

Today I got the dealer to enable them in the BMC and when I picked up the car the lights worked but there is no indicator in the dash when the fogs are on???

I asked the service guy and he talked to the tech and the shop foreman, there best guess was that since they were not factory there was no light in the factory cluster....?

Seems strange to me since the wiring from the switch to the BMC was there and the fuse and relay were in the fuse panel, I would guess that the light would be in the cluster..

All the posts I could find on here said the dash light worked as soon as the BMC was programmed, is it possible there is a setting in the BMC for the dash light also..??

Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 PM

I installed fog lamps on my fathers 07 LS and as soon as the dealer programed in the indacator on the dash worked fine but the fog lamps did not work. I had to run the control wire from the body controler to the fuse box under the hood.I guess the next step is to pull the cluster and look. it seem that some car missing some parts of the fog lamp system but not the same parts on all cars.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 PM

As far as I know...all the cluster lights are LED, so it shouldn't be "missing".
Old 11-21-2010, 11:30 AM

My indicator is working as it should..!!
I did some more research and talked to the tech who did the work only to find out that he didn't activate the fog lights in the BCM.
I talked to the service manager and he pulled out the scan tool connected it and within about 5 min everything was working as it should be.
It seems that is was a bit of miss communication, the problem was I talked to the service writer who really didn't understand what needed to be done and didn't pass on my request to activate the fogs to the tech.
The tech told me he had never installed fog lights so when he pushed the button and the lights came on he thought he was done.
Anyway...all's well the fogs are working as they should, now the next step is to swap the factory bulbs with HID's and aim them.. :)
Thanks to all who helped.