Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Front brakes sticking

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Cool Front brakes sticking

I have only had my 07 HHR for a month now i jus cleared 1000 miles, couple thing i have noticed, my front brakes are sticking like kinda grabbing when its wet out, the rear hatch makes a popping noise when i open it, and last but not least it makes a popping noise when i turn the wheel like if im making a turn it only does it when i first start driving then it goes away after a driving for about 5 mins, first time i took it to the dealer they said to let the suspension break in and bring it back after a 1000 miles if its still doing it. so before i take it i wanted to see if you all had some advice for me. i appreciate it!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
jx3

Don't know about the brakes or popping when steering, but my rear hatch makes the same popping noise. It only started to make the popping noise after taking it in for the TSB about the rear hatch not opening.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM

The brakes on my HHR make a popping noise too when I come to a stop and sit a few seconds and when I release the brakes they make the noise, kinda like the pads are sticking to the rotor. I notice it too only in wet weather. My previous 2 cars, both Malibus, made the exact same noise, so I just got used to it on my HHR. The dealer lubed the brake caliper slides, but after a few hundred miles, the noise came back. As for the hatch noise, I hear the electric actuators releasing on both sides shortly after touching the release pad, that is normal. The steering noise when turning the wheel could be the intermediate steering shaft, the dealer replaced mine and the noise is gone. There was a service bulletin issued on the steering noises.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 PM

I think the brake thing is moisture in the brake pads. We have this problem at work on our trucks. We`ll lightly drag the brakes and generate heat and it gos away in a few minutes.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH HHR
The brakes on my HHR make a popping noise too when I come to a stop and sit a few seconds and when I release the brakes they make the noise, kinda like the pads are sticking to the rotor. I notice it too only in wet weather. My previous 2 cars, both Malibus, made the exact same noise, so I just got used to it on my HHR. The dealer lubed the brake caliper slides, but after a few hundred miles, the noise came back. As for the hatch noise, I hear the electric actuators releasing on both sides shortly after touching the release pad, that is normal. The steering noise when turning the wheel could be the intermediate steering shaft, the dealer replaced mine and the noise is gone. There was a service bulletin issued on the steering noises.
well the noise the tailgates makes does it when im lifting the gate, when it gets about a third of the way up both sides pop like the hinges need lubed or something.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 AM

The popping I get from our brakes I think is from the rear drums disengaging.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 AM

After having my 06 HHR for almost a year now, when I step on the brake I hear a clicking noise and also when I let off the brake. The noise is coming from the console area. When I took it to the dealer they said it was a normal sound. Amazing that after all these months I just start hearing it. Something about the transmission letting the brakes know it is shifting or vise versa...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by HHR Babe
After having my 06 HHR for almost a year now, when I step on the brake I hear a clicking noise and also when I let off the brake. The noise is coming from the console area. When I took it to the dealer they said it was a normal sound. Amazing that after all these months I just start hearing it. Something about the transmission letting the brakes know it is shifting or vise versa...
Sounds fishy?!?! You have it documented though so......
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 AM
jx3

Is it while driving or just getting started when putting it into gear?
If it's the later, it's the "interlink" letting the tranny know it's ok to take out of park.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 AM

Something about the transmission letting the brakes know it is shifting or vise versa...
It's morse code. CREEK CREEK POP CREEK POP POP

Quick Reply: Front brakes sticking