Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Front strut leaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Unhappy Front strut leaks

I took my HHR in last Thurs. for an oil change and told the dearlership to do a routine maintenance inspection(no charge thankfully). Unfortunately they found that the passenger side front strut is leaking. Glad it is covered under warranty. Just thought I would pass this info on and hope that it is not a issue for anyone else. Did not notice any handling problems so it was a suprise to me. It is going in tomorrow to get replaced.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good to have a warranty isnt' it! I'm thinking it must be an isolated incident, as I've had my HHR slammed for nearly a year now, and have hit many severe bumps (road construction), that have caused complete bottoming. Still my struts are leak free and riding well. A standard ride height HHR's struts should last a very long time.

Hope you get them fixed soon - as there are currently no aftermarket struts available for the HHR. We've been working with both Monroe and Gabriel to bring some to market, but it is a slow process! Wait until SEMA!