Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fuel pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Fuel pressure sensor

Ok, my (wifes) 07 1LT had the check engine light come on and I took it into the dealer so they could read the code. It came up "fuel pressure sensor". Now I know all about the loose/leaking fuel cap issue and checked it/cleaned it and made sure it is really on properly. I have a appointment scheduled for Monday morning, but it's really a PITA to get to the dealer and leave my vehicle, plus my wife would need to take my SS to drive the kids around and I dread having to clean it out after that
Anyway, I was wondering if is was the fuel cap, is there a number of on/off cycles that need to be completed before it resets? I Have driven is a half dozen times and the light is still on?
Or, could it really be the sensor? Is this at all common?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM

If it was the gas cap the dealer should have cleared the light and tightened the cap and you would have been done. The FP sensor code is most likely different than the code for the gas cap which shows up as an emissions system code. The first rule is always ask the dealer what the actual code number is, not just the words.

I'd say you need to let the dealer check it out and clean the crumbs out of the SS later in the week.