Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Getting New Carpet!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 AM

Exclamation Getting New Carpet!

Hello All,

I took my HHR in for service last week for a couple of reasons and those being a loose spoiler, remote start lighting issues, something loose in the tailgate and water on the carpet (both sides). The spoiler was tightened but is still loose in my opinion, the remote start lighting issue is still there, the tighened the loose handle in the tail gate, but the BIGGEST surprise of the day was that there was a pinched drain tube for the air conditioner hose which caused the water on the carpet that had stained the grey carpet REALLY bad. The service tech tried to steam clean the carpet but could not get the rust color staining out of the carpet so they have ordered brand new carpet for my HHR that only has 6500 miles on it. I am happy with the dealer for ordering the carpet but does anyone have a problem with the spoiler constantly being loose? Can some lock washers be installed to prevent this spoiler from loosening up? I dont want to take my HHR to wash it and rip off the spoiler. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM

I installed my spoiler myself. One side is "relatively" firm. The other side is somewhat "loose". I noticed when I tightened the bolts on the spoiler that if you overtighten, it will squeeze out the soft water sealing washer. The alternative is to tighten it firmly, squeeze out the washer, then apply silicone sealant to the area to help keep water out. At least for me...

jerij
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 PM

What's your remote start lighting issue... Mine doesn't do anything when the RS is running.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:44 PM

A/C leak on floor

Originally Posted by coachpete
Hello All,

but the BIGGEST surprise of the day was that there was a pinched drain tube for the air conditioner hose which caused the water on the carpet that had stained the grey carpet REALLY bad. The service tech tried to steam clean the carpet but could not get the rust color staining out of the carpet so they have ordered brand new carpet for my HHR that only has 6500 miles on it. Thanks!
Aha!! At last someones HHR has been found with a pinched A/C drain line. Did you ever notice if your HHR drained properly before the inside leaking happened? I started a Thread about this a couple of days ago (A/C Problem or Not?) Several Members, myself included, have noticed that no water drains from their HHRs A/Cs at all!! I'm taking it to the Dealer Friday to have this checked out.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 AM

Remote Start Lighting Issue and AC Drainage

The issue i am having with my remote start is that sometimes it does not start the vehicle the first time I try with the remote start and on top of that the running lights do not come on all the time once I have started the vehicle with the remote start.

On the AC drainage issue, I did not notice my AC draining or not because I live in BFE so I have a gravel driveway but I did notice the water when I put my shoe on the floor the other day and I heard a wet squichy sound.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:46 AM

I guess I have that too... I thought it was odd that I didn't have some sort of confirmation that the car started.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM

Exclamation New carpet

Hello all,

I just wanted to post an update. My HHR got new carpet yesterday and everything looks great except I need new floor mats to match now lol. While the carpet was being installed the technician that did the job left the rear seat belt recepicles under the seat and I have to go back to the dealership today so they can remove the seat once again and get the seat belt recepticles back out from under the seat. In addition to getting the new carpet the dealership had to replace my rotors because they were warped after 9000 miles and he also stated that maybe i should look into some aftermarket rotors because the ones on the HHR have been known to warp very quickly. Just wanted to post a follow-up, have a great weekend all!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:41 AM

That's a heck of of a thing when the Dealer's Service Dept. suggests you should put "aftermarket rotors" on your HHR because they're better than the originals!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by coachpete
Hello all,
While the carpet was being installed the technician that did the job left the rear seat belt recepicles under the seat and I have to go back to the dealership today so they can remove the seat once again and get the seat belt recepticles back out from under the seat.
Befor you make the trip back to the dealer to have them remove the seat try this. fold the seat forward a little. this will give you enough room to reach between the seat to grab the seatbelt ends.
Hope this saves you a trip.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
That's a heck of of a thing when the Dealer's Service Dept. suggests you should put "aftermarket rotors" on your HHR because they're better than the originals!
The stock rotors and pads are horrid on a lot of GMs products.

On my current car, I completely wore out the first set of pads in about 24,000 kms. They were replaced under warranty as it was deemend to be excessive wear.

My car only has 65,000 kms on it, and I'm on my third set of pads and second set of rotors

Quick Reply: Getting New Carpet!