Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Headliner issues still

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:55 AM

Headliner issues still

Anyone having issues still after getting it fixed by dealer? I had my headliner fixed 3 or 4 months ago because the velcro pieces came off. Dealer fixed it and it is back. What on earth is wrong with the headliner that it keeps making noise. Did Chevy build a crappy headliner or what. Dealer tells me they hear nothing WHAT, I drive to N.H. and after driving on back roads for 2 hours wanted to drive the car over a cliff it was so annoying.

Dealer is going to take it all apart and see if something is loose again. If it isn't fixed this time honestly I'm really considering a trade or selling it, but first will be writing a letter to the attorney general. I can list over 10 things so far I've had fixed with it in 4 months..good thing for warrenty. I just can't stand rattling in a new vehicle there is no need for it.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 AM

mind doesn't make noise but up front where the hole for the sunroof is, it is unvelcroed from the actual roof. well not unvelcroed but the glue on the velcro isn't holding. it doesn't look that much different, but one of these days it is getting some epoxy...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM

Mine had an absolutely awful rattle repaired and that hasn't come back. But I have noticed for a few months a rattle over the rear seat area coming from the headliner. It is not nearly as annoying but I plan to mention it next time I go in for service (hopefully not until late fall for an oil change)
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM

Mine is coming from right behind my head. I couldn't believe when I went for a "test" ride this morning I was told by two people I don't hear it. I'm sorry but I heard it and I'm sick of hearing it. Lets see what they say since it is all coming apart. I kinda of felt like they thought I was being picky but I don't think any new vehicle should have any rattling what so ever.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:53 PM

Mine has been fixed (supposedly) twice by two different dealers and it still rattles on rough roads. I've been living with it due to my horrible dealer experiences and my fear of them working on the car. It is beginning to bug me again though and is getting worse. I agree, a new car should not rattle.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 AM

Just had the sunroof front side of the headliner fixed. The bck side is loose now also. WIll get that done soon. So far no problems.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 AM

I just love being right after they acted like nothing was wrong. It appears the glue has come unstuck yet again so again they glued and fixed and perfect. I'll give it another 2 months and see what happens. I love having the radio off and hearing silence especially with a 2 year old and 7 year old. Anyway, I asked how long that was under warranty they said 3 years not the 5 just in case anyone wanted to know.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 AM

I've had mine out to recover, and when I took it out I found some damage from previous work ( the recall issue?). A couple sections had been broken from trying to remove it or rough handling/installation causing sections to "flop". Since I had it out for custom work I reglued it and it hasn't made any noise since. The damaged sections were small, but these pieces moved around a bit. I used a hot melt glue gun to do the spot repairs and it's better than new now!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM

It took 4 attempts and two different dealers to finally get our headliner fixed.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 AM

I had my 07' fixed once so far and I think it is worse than before. Has anyone tried using some spray foam with a long tube extension? My rattles behind the drivers seat. I have a sunroof also.

Quick Reply: Headliner issues still